Mission Control iOS App 1.2.0 featuring Infinite Tune - Now Available

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
well, I had a lot of time & did lot of riding, before my batteries had up date firmware & the MC update software for iPhone. I love it.
also got out on 40km group ride mostly dirt tracks. lot of rough down hill. surprised how well my bike rides over rough now. originally I thought it was riding harder, but going fast down hill it smoothed out. also got 66km with 60% battery left using the new MS software. so happy.

Matthewedwar

May 31, 2018
West Yorkshire
well, I had a lot of time & did lot of riding, before my batteries had up date firmware & the MC update software for iPhone. I love it.
also got out on 40km group ride mostly dirt tracks. lot of rough down hill. surprised how well my bike rides over rough now. originally I thought it was riding harder, but going fast down hill it smoothed out. also got 66km with 60% battery left using the new MS software. so happy.
What settings did you use?

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
eco @ 5% with max @ 25% / trail @ 45% with max 60%/ turbo @ 80% with max 100%
I road up a few good hill, but used gears and mostly stayed on eco, highest I went was trail. but I was surprised how good eco felt very smooth & seemed to gain power.
am now on 15% eco with max 30%, and feels like good assistance to me.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
My 2018 Levo has motor firmware 5.0.4 - which I believe is the latest. My battery firmware is 2.22.3, so I need the new x.23.x firmware for that. I'm assuming it's OK to take just the battery in for the update? Or - do they need the entire bike (even if only doing a battery firmware update)?

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
My 2018 Levo has motor firmware 5.0.4 - which I believe is the latest. My battery firmware is 2.22.3, so I need the new x.23.x firmware for that. I'm assuming it's OK to take just the battery in for the update? Or - do they need the entire bike (even if only doing a battery firmware update)?
They can just do the battery if needed ??

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
I took just the battery into the shop to be done, the levo was in the car...& I was told I needed the battery on the bike to do a proper update as it could cause a problem...not saying it can’t be done off the bike just my experience of it

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
I took just the battery into the shop to be done, the levo was in the car...& I was told I needed the battery on the bike to do a proper update as it could cause a problem...not saying it can’t be done off the bike just my experience of it

I had my bike at shop, when mine was done, then when I went to pick up, I had my second battery with me, they put it in bike, but took bikes plug out, plugged the modem they use to link to specilized. the plug on link could have been between the battery and the engine plug. I did not look close but was a download from Specilized web page they had..
I love the way the bike is working. it has as much power & torque as before, just comes in smoothly, seems to respond to button smooth & no lag I could notice. very happy. 3,300km up now

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I will be very interested to hear what you think and how it compares to 22 with BLEvo

kcarbon

Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
australia
My new battery shows up in a day or two - with x.23. Very keen to give it a blast :)
that is great!! good luck with it. seems to respond to the button if you are in right speed range and smoothly.
my friend & I on Levo's seem to have had an impact on our riding group, as in the past month. several of our group have bought new e MTB's. one guy I would never have expected to ever buy one.

Theolegit

Patreon
Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Halstead
Well 1st ride with new battery and motor software and I must say the word “turbo” is justified, found it an amazing change from the previous version, I’m amazed at the difference, excelleration is stunning and the bike is silky smooth, in eco you wouldn’t know your using an ebike, yet I know I am as my heart rate is 10/15 beats per minute less, Chris Froome! I’m coming for ya.

trevor1030

Jul 16, 2018
SoCal
is there anyway to buy the specialized trail remote? I noticed the garmin one is on their site but i wanted that new slim sleek one! Also if i have a 2017 turbo levo, is it recommended i get a bigger battery for the upgrade? I am a little confused on exactly what this thread is as i had an app that i used to "tune" the levo i guess it tricked it into thinking i wasnt going as fast as i was actually going. Will probably remove it but i was just curious on what this update is with blevo as it is a 8.99$ app.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I will be very interested to hear what you think and how it compares to 22 with BLEvo
I've had a few rides on x.23 and it's wayyyyy better than x.22. Trail mode is so reactive now, it covers a gamut of my riding. I'm using the following at the moment :

Eco 25% with motor current @ 100
Trail 55% with motor current @ 100
Turbo 100% / 100%

With the x.23 firmware, 55% in trail is the minimum assist level which still allows 100% current; so you can see very high power outputs in Trail mode, if you work your legs accordingly.

I did a ride yesterday, barely using turbo or Eco . . . the trail mode was so reactive it was great - like the Shimano Steps Trail mode reactivity.

On my next ride I'll probably drop the Eco support down to maybe 15 or 20% and keep that mode as a battery saver.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I've had a few rides on x.23 and it's wayyyyy better than x.22. Trail mode is so reactive now, it covers a gamut of my riding. I'm using the following at the moment :

Eco 25% with motor current @ 100
Trail 55% with motor current @ 100
Turbo 100% / 100%

With the x.23 firmware, 55% in trail is the minimum assist level which still allows 100% current; so you can see very high power outputs in Trail mode, if you work your legs accordingly.

I did a ride yesterday, barely using turbo or Eco . . . the trail mode was so reactive it was great - like the Shimano Steps Trail mode reactivity.

On my next ride I'll probably drop the Eco support down to maybe 15 or 20% and keep that mode as a battery saver.
So the old x.22 with use of the Blevo app is out, in favour of x.23 and Mission Control ?
I’m about to dive into the eGENESIS app and find out if it helps any.
Auto mode
Heart rate
6 or 9 assist levels.

The app has just been updated to make use of all these features.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
So the old x.22 with use of the Blevo app is out, in favour of x.23 and Mission Control ?
I’m about to dive into the eGENESIS app and find out if it helps any.
Auto mode
Heart rate
6 or 9 assist levels.

The app has just been updated to make use of all these features.
I am still using BLEvo - I'm not a fan of Mission Control. I have played around briefly with eGenesis - I need to go out and use it for a full ride to get my head around it. Let me know what you think?

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
so @Tori any comparisons between blevo and 22 and 23? I mean is there a setting in 22 using blevo that matches the feeling and performance of 23?

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Uhm, i don't understand - so there is a new specialized battery firmware x.23 AND a BLevo version 23 ? Isn't BLevo an app that is just always in the latest version? Or can you choose which BLevo version you want to run? Does the specialized battery firmware x.23 alone change the Trail-Mode and makes it more dynamic (like "E-MTB" on Bosch and "Trail" in Shimano), or is this a feature of BLevo?
Will try BLevo anyway, cause i like the heartrat thing a lot, but i have no clue right now ^^

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Uhm, i don't understand - so there is a new specialized battery firmware x.23 AND a BLevo version 23 ? Isn't BLevo an app that is just always in the latest version? Or can you choose which BLevo version you want to run? Does the specialized battery firmware x.23 alone change the Trail-Mode and makes it more dynamic (like "E-MTB" on Bosch and "Trail" in Shimano), or is this a feature of BLevo?
Will try BLevo anyway, cause i like the heartrat thing a lot, but i have no clue right now ^^

well thats sort of what i was asking, BLEvo worked in its full capacity with firmware 22 because it exploited a "bug" that allowed the app to modify the performance and feel of the motor to great advantage (in my opinion) spesh updated the battery to firmware 23 which fixed the bug but also improved motor performance. BLEvo then lost that ability to manipulate the motor settings in lots of different ways. But The good thing about the app is it does much more than just change motor settings although it can still do that but now not much more than you can do with mission control

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
well thats sort of what i was asking, BLEvo worked in its full capacity with firmware 22 because it exploited a "bug" that allowed the app to modify the performance and feel of the motor to great advantage (in my opinion) spesh updated the battery to firmware 23 which fixed the bug but also improved motor performance. BLEvo then lost that ability to manipulate the motor settings in lots of different ways. But The good thing about the app is it does much more than just change motor settings although it can still do that but now not much more than you can do with mission control

Thanks for the explanation, now i understand much better.

lcdavies5

Nov 1, 2018
South Wales
Hello everyone. Only had my Kenevo a couple of weeks and am new to all these updates etc. Just. checked my firmware for the battery and it's saying A.16.3. All I've seen in all this thread is .22. Or .23. Extremely confused as I'm sure my app has changed also so that the peak power changes for each setting when altered. Not sure what to do here. Help / advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

nickthebee

Oct 16, 2018
henley

Jay

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
West Sussex
what time you meeting sound good I'm coming from henley no bother though what the trail like
I will be there at 11 best to meet in the car park.
The trails are not to technically have a look on you tube there might be some Gopro footage.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles