Mission Control app let's ride feature

Sandy

Jun 5, 2019
Scotland
Anyone else having issues with how this app seems to quietly end task when your mid trail? Meaning only part of your ride is recorded. :/

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm new to it all only been out four times. When I look at app mid ride it always says disconnected but still seems to record the complete ride . Confusing.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Have you ever considered using BLEvo instead of MC? From my perspective it offers much more features and benefits. Above all also a very proactive support of the developer is provided on emtbforums.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Briefly looked at it. Do I still need Mission to tune motor or Blevo does this instead.

BLEvo does EVERYTHING what MC does but next to that it offers much more features and benefits. You can read the manual via the link below:
Instruction manual in english

You can watch also Rob's video review:

I guess it's best to read the manual first and in case you have questions post them in the BLEvo thread.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Ah...thought it was just me! I have yet to get it to last a full ride or upload a track to Strava. It seems to record the distance but not the track suggesting it loses gps? I also have upload to strava on auto and it does not do that either.....that said I keep my phone on but without mobile data or wifi.It is supposed to cache the starting map but I can see no way it can work if you ride beyond whatever size that map is so I wonder if it is a case of scaling the cache map to ensure you ride within it?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Ah...thought it was just me! I have yet to get it to last a full ride or upload a track to Strava. It seems to record the distance but not the track suggesting it loses gps? I also have upload to strava on auto and it does not do that either.....that said I keep my phone on but without mobile data or wifi.It is supposed to cache the starting map but I can see no way it can work if you ride beyond whatever size that map is so I wonder if it is a case of scaling the cache map to ensure you ride within it?

Not sure if you made this comment in relation to MC or BLEvo. Speaking about BLEvo, there are two versions android and ios version. Android version from my perspective is the best as the maps work also completely offline without mobile data or wifi required. Strava upload can be done at home again via wifi after your ride. I have added the openandromaps from almost all Europe. You need to download and add them once to the phone (in my case BV6000) and don't need to think of it anymore.

For BLEvo ios version you do need a mobile data or wifi connection in case you like to use the maps function.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Cheers....bug I was referring to MC. To be I am that interested in ride stats but if it is basically like MC then I will use it......if I can get it working!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Cheers....bug I was referring to MC. To be I am that interested in ride stats but if it is basically like MC then I will use it......if I can get it working!
I will try that again!...Thanks for the info re Blevo but I was referring to MC. I am not really that interested in ride stats but if it is auto then I will use it.

Troutwrestler

Dec 25, 2018
Scotland
I have been having issues recently with MC too. When I start riding it is definitely connected, but later it is disconnected and it has.not been recording. I uninstalled then reinstalled MC, wondering if an update had gone awry, but it has made no difference.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I still have connection between MC and from my phone so the Bluetooth connection is OK. So what is creating the track...MC or the phone?? Whichever GPS is not working consistently. Any experts on here??

motmcd

Mar 5, 2019
reading,pa
I stopped using Mission Control for ride tracking. The GPS tracking accuracy of Mission Control is abysmal. On most rides it was nowhere close to the actual ride I completed. Cheers!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
...and I thought if the "Auto" function is set in Settings, MC would record a ride automatically. Well it doesn't, so have I got that wrong??. I will have a look at Blevo but would still like to get the MC Lets Ride function working if I can.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Update: I have been using Komoot soo have not bothered with the MC Lets Ride function since the posts above...………….until yesterday just out of idle curiosity I set it running. This time I kept my phone connected to mobile data. It all worked flawlessly including auto upload to Strava! I can only assume the cache map is very limited and as soon as you go beyond it the GPS is lost. I will probably experiment again because I am now curious whether scaling the map on MC to encompass the entire area of an intended ride ( assuming you know what will be) enables it work without mobile data switched on for the phone.

HarveyMiller

Jan 28, 2020
New York
Can the BLevo app be used on the Specialized Creo SL line? I'm having issues with the Mission Control losing its connection and then regaining it...every 20 seconds!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Anyone else having issues with how this app seems to quietly end task when your mid trail? Meaning only part of your ride is recorded. :/
Mine usually ok but other day the Last 6 miles no track showing, I switched motor off for a while on the down hill power still on though ???? .

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
I have Levo cirapter fitted in mine and I think it throws mc all to cock as I think it knows it should not go more than 17 mph and it seems to max out at that ,but I can set it for 60 mls in4 hrs av 15 mph and it works but bit boring on road , does any one know if you can just pair mc with bike and use battery function only

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I have Levo cirapter fitted in mine and I think it throws mc all to cock as I think it knows it should not go more than 17 mph and it seems to max out at that ,but I can set it for 60 mls in4 hrs av 15 mph and it works but bit boring on road , does any one know if you can just pair mc with bike and use battery function only

you cant unfortunately, its all or nothing

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles