Marin Alpine Trail E1/2 thread

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Hi Guys,
About time we has an E1/2 thread!

So there are some E1 owners out there, as I’ve seen these bikes in stock and sell.

the E2 - was supposed to be May in UK, then June, then July, now ????

E1 owners how you liking it?
E2 orderers, anyone got any latest eta (in UK) of first batch?

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
Both my friend and I have E2's on order (deposit placed Dec 2020)

Last news was the bikes are on the water eta Aug first half assuming getting into/through port isn't a problem

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Both my friend and I have E2's on order (deposit placed Dec 2020)

Last news was the bikes are on the water eta Aug first half assuming getting into/through port isn't a problem
yea I placed my order on Dec 1st and had a confirmed bike in the first batch of 75. Its been ‘on the water’ since May!!! I hope it isn’t first half of August, as I may well jump ship and buy an in stock megawatt!

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
So my UK bike shop just called me. Marin lied about putting bikes on boats to the UK they haven't left Asia their rep conveniently disappeared on holiday they didn't bother to keep anyone in the loop. Really annoyed as I felt we were finally there with them (since bikes were meant to have been on a ship) it would just a little longer-ish, I pulled out of a YT I had on order (which came early) just a day ago and passed on a nukeproof I was offered.

Pretty poor show from a brand who's meant to be staging a come back. I feel totally gaslit over the whole affair at this point. I serious doubt they have anything more than a handful of bikes, they're are just hoping to string people along hoping for fair whether. Seems they are a very small fish with no weight in the industry which in it self is a small player in global commerce.

My opinion is to avoid Marin. Everyone is in this global mess that's one thing but Marin are just to small of a company to forge a path.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
So my UK bike shop just called me. Marin lied about putting bikes on boats to the UK they haven't left Asia their rep conveniently disappeared on holiday they didn't bother to keep anyone in the loop. Really annoyed as I felt we were finally there with them (since bikes were meant to have been on a ship) it would just a little longer-ish, I pulled out of a YT I had on order (which came early) just a day ago and passed on a nukeproof I was offered.

Pretty poor show from a brand who's meant to be staging a come back. I feel totally gaslit over the whole affair at this point. I serious doubt they have anything more than a handful of bikes, they're are just hoping to string people along hoping for fair whether. Seems they are a very small fish with no weight in the industry which in it self is a small player in global commerce.

My opinion is to avoid Marin. Everyone is in this global mess that's one thing but Marin are just to small of a company to forge a path.

ugh that is not looking good.
what shop did you order through?

when did you order yours? 1st/2nd Dec? And you had one of the first batch of 75 confirmed?

if they are just turning up in Aus now where the shipping distance is much much closer then we are looking at more than a month in the UK, yes. Our ports have weeks of backlogon top of this...

Last edited:

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
My E2 arrived today. It came all boxed with a bit of assembly required which I like. Im just slowly setting it up over a few beers and will get some pics through soon. Its pretty awesome (y)
Congrats! Where in the world are you?

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Ah man, you lucky bugger!!!!
Looks amazing.
hurry up marin!!!

if they could just say, right definitely october then I’d get my head round its the fact every month comes they say next month....

please post your first reports.

very interested to find out if you find it poppy like some reviews or a bit dead on the rebound like others. I’ve got an ext storia waiting here to go straight on anyway, so will be able to tune more than stock shock.

Nato

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
Mine arrived today too! Concept157 your cables are much neater than mine, my cables are an absolute mess.
Also the 6mm hex key slot in the front axel is chewed out, and the axel pinch bolt in the fork is missing. Other than that its a great looking bike.

W%3QwT3QQouoJ7BuDVQdVw.jpg
GCj3tupySH+6Z9PTqdEYMg.jpg

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
With work commitments before going under the knife during the next week and being out of action for a while there won't be any ride reports in a hurry from me. The best review to ones self will hopefully be from you riding yours. Cheers

i bloody hope so but that could be months.
Good luck with the surgery :-/

Nato

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
After shortening the dropper remote cable and installing a wolf tooth dropper remote, (because the stock x-fusion one isn't that great) Shortening the gear cable, installing my favourite bars and grips, I've been riding each day and have 174 km on it.
I've ridden mainly single track and minimal fire road. The bike is just so much fun to ride! it corners very well, and down hill it builds speed very quickly! before you know it you're doing warp speed! but you don't feel out of control. It gives you the confidence to stay off the brakes as much as you dare, get your weight back and just let the bike do it's thing
This bike is very quiet as well, there's not a rattle or creak from it anywhere. All you hear is a faint whir from the motor, the occasional EP8 clack, tyre and wind noise.
So far i'm really happy with the bike, but the EP8 motor will take some getting used to though.

7NIkHfgPSTOiDXbeH+Bdog.jpg

y1ofX+pBTZytLTW1ru0jcw.jpg

7vJPio6TTXaLVgel5cHwEw.jpg

RjPaXTBuQWCFudoaV2Scyg.jpg

qqcbpFKCQNOwk+3i4QYjPA.jpg

ttGnHo4jTCijYsy4U47MeQ.jpg

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Looooks sweet.
Just and an email from Marin UK today, E2s due to land end of Aug and be with customers first week of Sept :)

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
If they can't give you the name of the ship then I doubt their word tbh.

this is the first time that we have got to a month and they have said yes still on track for this month. Normally it gets to the month and they say, ah, 2 more months. As they are turning up in Aus, I’m going to give them one last chance to deliver in Sept, or I’ll order the new Rocky Mountain Altitude coming out in Jan.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Might have been on the Ever Given, the ship that blocked Suez, and docked at Felixstowe last week! Carrying £750m in goods...

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
this is the first time that we have got to a month and they have said yes still on track for this month. Normally it gets to the month and they say, ah, 2 more months. As they are turning up in Aus, I’m going to give them one last chance to deliver in Sept, or I’ll order the new Rocky Mountain Altitude coming out in Jan.

I was told back end of June from Marin UK to my LBS; bikes were on a ship heading to the UK for 1st week August. then I received a call from the LBS to say Marin had overstated the truth in this regard and in fact bikes were still in Asia. My advice is to get the name of the ship, then you can then track it in real time. If they don't have a name of the ship then draw you own conclusions.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Hey Zamzoo, The white pedals do look awesome and I will probably get mocked for admitting this but I got them for my love for the high country/snowy mtns. As the bike is called an "Alpine Trail" then me adding the white pedals symbolises the snow. Bring on the mocking and I don't care. I realise that is a bit weird and deep for some but that is how I roll. Each to there own.. Cheers
It's your bike not theirs! :cool: I don't see a problem with you picking white pedals...

Zamzoo

Jun 18, 2020
UK
Hey Zamzoo, The white pedals do look awesome and I will probably get mocked for admitting this but I got them for my love for the high country/snowy mtns. As the bike is called an "Alpine Trail" then me adding the white pedals symbolises the snow. Bring on the mocking and I don't care. I realise that is a bit weird and deep for some but that is how I roll. Each to there own.. Cheers

sometimes it’s the little things that give you that extra grin ?

Having seen yours I will also hunt out some white or light grey ones.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Well fatso started her diet today. When the new wheel set arrives in the next few days, she will drop a bit more weight. The kashima looks really good with the black and grey.
View attachment 69612
Sweeeet!
Be interested to know if an air shock suits this bike better than coil. Some reviews complained about the stock coil shock, saying it needs more rebound than the shock offers - air might be the way forward to make the suspension curve a bit more progressive

Last edited:

pete-E1

Aug 23, 2021
Australia
Hi Guys, I've got an E1 on the way in a medium. The online store I bought it from said the medium comes with a 350lb spring but Marins website says 300lb spring. I queried this with the online store and they quietly changed their website to screenshot it to match the Marin website to say 300lb spring....but other shops and reviews online say 350lb while some blindly quote the Marin wesbite.....

So can anybody with a medium size here tell me what weight spring the bike comes with please?

Thanks.

Nato

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
Sweeeet!
Be interested to know if an air shock suits this bike better than coil. Some reviews complained about the stock coil shock, saying it needs more rebound than the shock offers - air might be the way forward to make the suspension curve a bit more progressive
I had the coil shock working pretty well, given that I’m in the weight range for the stock spring. I didn’t get a chance to ride it this afternoon so I’m interested to see how it will perform with the air shock. I’m expecting the Fox Float X2 to be pretty good and I think it will suit the bike well.
After I’ve spent some time on it I’ll post my thoughts.

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
Well fatso started her diet today. When the new wheel set arrives in the next few days, she will drop a bit more weight. The kashima looks really good with the black and grey.
View attachment 69612
Witch wheel set have you ordered? Will you be sticking with the 27.5 rear?
I am waiting on a E2 also, so just curious. Bike looks great by the way. I can't wait.

Nato

Jan 10, 2020
Australia
Witch wheel set have you ordered? Will you be sticking with the 27.5 rear?
I am waiting on a E2 also, so just curious. Bike looks great by the way. I can't wait.
I went with Silver I9 Hydra hubs laced to a DT Swiss XM 481 rim on the front and an EX 511 on the rear using Sapim premium spokes.
They are 30mm internal width, that pic was just after they'd been built. I cant wait to ride on them.

1629930675525.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles