M500 headlight

Cajos

Jan 20, 2021
Sweden
Hi.
I have built the dengfu e10 with m500 and am wondering if you can connect a front headlight to the internal battery somehow through the motor or display? Thoughts?

Cajos

Jan 20, 2021
Sweden
Ok. Thank you. I will check the display for usb connection. Is that s special dengfu headlight or any light thst has the usb connectivity?

Mavic_rim

Aug 9, 2021
China
Ok. Thank you. I will check the display for usb connection. Is that s special dengfu headlight or any light thst has the usb connectivity?

This the controller I am talking about! I am not sure if yours is the same. Good luck

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 09.05.55.png

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Be aware that there maybe a max current that you can draw through the USB port, I seem to remember reading somewhere that there’s only 0.5A available and that’s more like a flicker in lighting terms.
1628676036678.png

Last edited:

Cajos

Jan 20, 2021
Sweden
Ok. Anyone tried to connect headlight to this usb-port? I will make a try and get back with suggestions.

Hagbard

Aug 25, 2021
York
How did you get on? I believe that display (I have the same one) has the ability to automatically activate lights, though I'm not sure whether that's the backlight of the display or headlights.

I'd definitely love to know more about lightings options though!

Cajos

Jan 20, 2021
Sweden
How did you get on? I believe that display (I have the same one) has the ability to automatically activate lights, though I'm not sure whether that's the backlight of the display or headlights.

I'd definitely love to know more about lightings options though!
Hi. I have not tried yet. But I will as autumn is coming. I will port here when I try this setup.

Hagbard

Aug 25, 2021
York
@Eclipse MTB I think the point is to have a headlight that is powered directly from the bike's battery, rather than to use the bike battery to charge a battery on the light.

If the daylight sensor on the display works as I suspect then it should even be possible to have automatic healights on the bike. Which would be kind of cool.

500ma is likely to be far too weak to power anything decent though.

Eclipse MTB

Aug 31, 2021
USA
@Eclipse MTB I think the point is to have a headlight that is powered directly from the bike's battery, rather than to use the bike battery to charge a battery on the light.

If the daylight sensor on the display works as I suspect then it should even be possible to have automatic healights on the bike. Which would be kind of cool.

500ma is likely to be far too weak to power anything decent though.

I would have not suggested that if USB and the display isn’t mentioned. Without the USB, the controller is the only option.

But I digress. I’d rather have a powered light than run another cable to the motor. Also, with it’s own battery, I don’t have to worry about another thing sucking up juice from the main battery, until it runs out, in which case, it’s a very short cable to run to the display unit. That’s just me though. 500ma is just enough to charge my headlight and Edge 830, albeit slowly, and keep them going when I forget to juice them up

Sandur-Rx

Sep 11, 2021
Holland
€ 10,23 20% Off | Ebike Kabel Voor M500/M600 1T3 Kabel Thumb Throttle Bafang Motor Elektrische Fiets Diy Conversie Kit Deel

Just buy this. There is one for the rear to. That connects to the wiring that also go’s to the speed sensor. The 6v headlight doesn’t disappoint if you ask me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles