Looking for wired in lights for my Levo .

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
I’ve got a Supernova Pure on my main bike, really happy with it. I like the daytime running lights and the light output is much better than the lumen rating would suggest. I’ve certainly not struggled to see where I’m going on night trail rides.

I haven’t got an Exposure light to compare it to, although I do have various Cree LED lights and a Lumicycle Metal Halide setup, and the thing that attracted me to the Pure is the beam pattern and crisp cut off. It really does put the light where it’s needed, and you don’t dazzle other road users either if it’s set up correctly.

Re the cable, it does come with a standard cable that you can wire into the 6v output (if your bike has one), mine is connected to a Shimano setup. Not sure what the arrangement is for the Levo, or whether it’s 12v?

For a bracket, I’ve tried two solutions. First one was a 3D printed one I found on Thingiverse, worked well but needs printing in ABS to be robust enough.

Now I’m using a plastic Garmin/Go-Pro Mount that came with some cheap lights. I filed out the central tab on the go pro mount, plus a little more each side, and the Supernova light tab fits it nicely. It wobbles a bit during very bumpy off road, but hasn’t failed, and for normal trails and road it’s fine.

I probably will pick up a metal mount at some point though!

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
It isn’t small, that’s for sure, but then it’s size is one of the reasons it provides such a good beam pattern.

Here‘s a pic of it on my bike, not sure if it helps. That’s with the 3D printed mount, which is similar to the factory metal ones with regard to position. On the inverted go pro mount, it’s out front a bit more but lower, I think I prefer the go pro one to be honest.

29BF871C-FCA2-4BA0-8ECD-CC6F5A338EB7.jpeg

625B0D71-4189-427E-A290-FB4246AEDBB5.jpeg

Fluffymoose

Apr 28, 2020
Norway
Hoping to install this one in the near future : Lupine Lighting Systems - E-Bike lights • Brose • SL F Brose • SL SF Brose
They also do a rear light which can run from the system battery. Main challenge seems to be cable routing, the front ports on the frame are very tight, not sure if there is room unless i remove the frame clip.. also need to open up the motor cover, a bit hesitant to do it myself with limited access to a mechanic if I mess up these Days..

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Hoping to install this one in the near future : Lupine Lighting Systems - E-Bike lights • Brose • SL F Brose • SL SF Brose
They also do a rear light which can run from the system battery. Main challenge seems to be cable routing, the front ports on the frame are very tight, not sure if there is room unless i remove the frame clip.. also need to open up the motor cover, a bit hesitant to do it myself with limited access to a mechanic if I mess up these Days..

I love mine
F3CC6C87-803F-404D-BC98-B62AE8C89F48.jpg

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware

You can doit yourself. I’ve installed two

Fluffymoose

Apr 28, 2020
Norway
You can doit yourself. I’ve installed two

any good tips to getting painfree installation? Is it necessary to remove motor to install the cable or enough to only remove motor cover? Should i open up the tcu slot on the frame to guide the cable more easily, problem would perhaps be to hit the small holes in the frame when trying To guide the soft cable through the frame, I think the plastic inserts can be loosened to make it easier..

Looks very good on your bike! Noticed that lupine just released a compatible rear light for Brose as well, however considering their Rotlicht which is chargeable and also has the brake-light function...not sure if it is just gimmicky, it is pricey for sure. Brake light does seem like a nice addition on the Rotlicht for sure.

Integrated rearlight :
Lupine Lighting Systems - Tail Lights • C14

Last edited:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
If you are interested, I have the B&M IQ-X E on the front, and the Supernova E3 tail light.I have a light switch on my Bosch Kiox. Not sure how you would do it on Specialized.

1590664625545.png

rriveroll

Nov 19, 2020
Caracas Venezuela
I bought a Lupine cable for Levo and hooked it up to an old Magic Shine light I had. Running the cable through the bike was a lot of work but in the end works flawlessly. I cut and used the battery cable plug from the magic shine (it was bad anyway) so that I can unplug it and carry it in my backpack when not in use. You never know when darkness will catch you offguard.

Sodered the cables and stuffed the excess cable inside the top tube. Had to trim a little with a Dremel the plastic exit port to make the cable fit with the brake and other cable.

I even made a blind plug for the connector when not in use... from cork, a pony tail band and some black liquid electrical tape.

IMG_20201227_143437.jpg

IMG_20201227_143451.jpg

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
any good tips to getting painfree installation? Is it necessary to remove motor to install the cable or enough to only remove motor cover? Should i open up the tcu slot on the frame to guide the cable more easily, problem would perhaps be to hit the small holes in the frame when trying To guide the soft cable through the frame, I think the plastic inserts can be loosened to make it easier..

Looks very good on your bike! Noticed that lupine just released a compatible rear light for Brose as well, however considering their Rotlicht which is chargeable and also has the brake-light function...not sure if it is just gimmicky, it is pricey for sure. Brake light does seem like a nice addition on the Rotlicht for sure.

Integrated rearlight :
Lupine Lighting Systems - Tail Lights • C14

It took a while. The final trick was to loosen the motor mounts a bit.

rriveroll

Nov 19, 2020
Caracas Venezuela
It took a while. The final trick was to loosen the motor mounts a bit.

Same here, took awhile, on the Alloy had to loosen the motor mounts to get the cable through. Also removed the TCU to solder the cables and get them through the exit port.

I think with the Carbon frames it's easier because it has routing tibes inside.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Same here, took awhile, on the Alloy had to loosen the motor mounts to get the cable through. Also removed the TCU to solder the cables and get them through the exit port.

I think with the Carbon frames it's easier because it has routing tibes inside.

The carbon frame is a breeze

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles