Longest ride in 15yrs on my e-bike today

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
My e-bike has given me a new lease of life. Done over 67 miles today and a total of 137 miles in the last 7 days and that’s the most I have rode since doing the coast to coast in 2005. I have suffered from several hernias which one still gives me a bit pain and I have a prolapsed disc in my neck, so I have been pretty limited to what I can do. Seen 7 other e-bikes today so it’s probably done for other people what’s it’s done to help me. Loving it ?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Happy days :) That's a hell of a distance in my book, the most I've ever done was 43 miles but to be honest 50% was road work to get to where I wonted to go. I don't have ideal mtb territory close to hand, it was a bit tedious because I came back the same way .

Trip Hazard

Oct 23, 2020
Tyne and Wear
Happy days :) That's a hell of a distance in my book, the most I've ever done was 43 miles but to be honest 50% was road work to get to where I wonted to go. I don't have ideal mtb territory close to hand, it was a bit tedious because I came back the same way .
Thanks. I know what you mean when you come back the same way. I'm lucky to have the coast to coast route not far from where I live so not much road has to be used. A mixture of tarmac cycle paths, gravel and mud. Pretty impressed with the battery range of my Cube so far. Still had 17 miles left on eco setting when I got home although I was turning the motor off at times where I didn't need any help ?

Superses

Mar 20, 2023
England
My e-bike has given me a new lease of life. Done over 67 miles today and a total of 137 miles in the last 7 days and that’s the most I have rode since doing the coast to coast in 2005. I have suffered from several hernias which one still gives me a bit pain and I have a prolapsed disc in my neck, so I have been pretty limited to what I can do. Seen 7 other e-bikes today so it’s probably done for other people what’s it’s done to help me. Loving it ?
Totally agree. I resisted buying one for ages but I have an auto immune disease and am awaiting a replacement knee.I bought an Orbea rise on the basis that I could put as much or as little effort as I wished.Also lower weight gives a more natural ride and helps with lifting onto a bike rack.So far so good ,1 am at least riding again and covering distances I could once ride but alas no more unless aided by a motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles