Kenevo Gen1 Levo/Kenevo controller switch

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I managed to crack the controller switch on my 2018 Kenevo, probably from over it tightening the grub screw. I went to my LBS and as a replacement they sold me two cables which they said replaced the single controller and cable. I tried to fit the new cables the other day and ran into two problems. Firstly, they didn’t seem to plug together properly. It was very tight to get the two connectors to mate together and the male one would only go in about 1mm. Furthermore, when all connected up the switch didn’t work at all so I don’t think the connection was being made. Also, the two cables together are over 2 metres long, the distance is only from the motor, up the down tube and then to the handlebar so I don’t understand why it’s so long and also what I’m supposed to do with the extra cable (supposing I mange to get it to work). The two cables are labelled CBL Motor TT-Display Brose HMI and ELE TRAIL REMOTE 2. Any idea whats going on?
80B1F3EC-C895-426E-893E-606A58910AFE.jpeg
1C71D86D-6382-42C2-872A-A75F8F69EB6C.jpeg

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Went to the LBS today and apparently they sold me the wrong parts. The bad news is that one can no longer get a single cable controller but now it’s only made in two parts. Furthermore, it’s not available at the Moment and there’s no date when it will be. So, bike for lack of one simple part bike not working properly.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I phoned Specialized rider care, (in the UK) and was told that there is a world wide shortage of controllers and he had no idea when they would be available. Furthermore, even if they do become available in the UK they would not be able to send one to Switzerland (he said because of Brexit, which is a nonsense since other companies have no problem sending to here. The other way around is another matter!)and I’ll have to wait until they are available in Switzerland. Groan!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles