Kenevo battery won't switch on

ejay

May 10, 2020
Wales
Hi, I've done a search and found numerous battery problems but none relating to my problem. I have a 2019 kenevo comp and my battery will not switch on. No lights, nothing. I rode it with 100% charge and used about 30%. As I was riding the next day I left the battery in the bike (usually remove it) and now it will not switch on. I've tried charging it but the green light remains on the charger indicating it's full. Has anyone had this happen before? Do I need a new battery?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@Specialized Rider Care one for you I think, doesn't sound like anything immediately obvious.

@ejay one thing you could check is that neither the charger cable or the motor cable have any tiny fragments of metal stuck to the magnetic connections, though it sounds unlikely with your symptoms.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Have you tried resetting the TCU?

The specified factory reset procedure is to hold down the mode butyon and then press and release the power button. Keep the mode button pressed for a further 10 seconds and then release.

I’ve just had an issue with my 2019 levo not starting and this worked after trying everything else suggested
46D4A82C-CB37-4806-B37F-65705DE06E79.jpeg

ejay

May 10, 2020
Wales
Have you tried resetting the TCU?

The specified factory reset procedure is to hold down the mode butyon and then press and release the power button. Keep the mode button pressed for a further 10 seconds and then release.

I’ve just had an issue with my 2019 levo not starting and this worked after trying everything else suggested
View attachment 30849
This is the model above mine. My buttons are on the battery. Tried it anyway but no luck.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Sorry to hear @ejay - please book this in with your retailer. They do have a diagnostic tool which enables them to reset the battery management system (BMS) - resetting and force-updating the firmware (if it will allow) may help. Otherwise your retailer will be able to arrange warranty service.

ejay

May 10, 2020
Wales
Sorry to hear @ejay - please book this in with your retailer. They do have a diagnostic tool which enables them to reset the battery management system (BMS) - resetting and force-updating the firmware (if it will allow) may help. Otherwise your retailer will be able to arrange warranty service.
Thanks for the reply. I've taken it to my LBS who are sorting out a warranty service.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles