Levo Gen 2 Levo dies when 2 green LEDs remaining. Works fine on full charge.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
@Hightower - sorry to hear. Ensure that your bike is charged with our authorised charger until the LED goes green - this will ensure all of the cell packs in the battery are balanced and at exactly the same starting voltage. Then if this happens again where the battery cuts out when you still have 20-30% charge remaining on the display, it would suggest that one of the battery cell packs has an imbalance.

Get the bike and battery to a retailer when you can and ask them to a) ensure the bike is at latest firmware and then b) download and run the latest battery checker using their retailer diagnostic tool. Our battery checker will measure a bunch of things, including cell imbalance. We did have a small batch of batteries in late 2016/early 2017 where we had some known cell-imbalance issues and your retailer should be able to come to a fair solution for you if this is the case.

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
I had exactly the same problem on my 2017 Levo. LBS checked battery and found out there was one bad cell in the battery pack. Specialized replaced the battery free of charge even it was out of warranty.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Hello. I took my Levo into the shop and they updated it to the latest firmware. However, I showed them your post about the battery checker and they had no idea what that meant.

....... Anything else I can do? Thanks for any help.

Will send you a PM

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles