Let's talk helmets...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I actually forgot i was riding a full face on the forum ride and hocked a fresh one all over the chin bar, which of course then flew straight back in my face. Nice

Highflyer

Patreon
Mar 29, 2018
Northern Ireland
As all of my riding is fast aggressive mountain/single track I only use full face helmets. I have tried and tested many different types/grades of MTB helmets and have come to the conclusion that while tearing downhill at around 45mph that anything less than my trusty Airoh Aviator motocross helmet would be not wise. When it comes to hot and sweaty trial riding then I use either my Met Parachute Fox Profame or Bell Super3. Just find a brand that fits you properly.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
So its not just me that has the runny nose when riding. I hate it, it doesnt run when not riding just when outside having fun (Unless I have a cold).... I'm not alone.... at last... no more thinking im the only one :D

Maybe you need two tampons up your nose a la Beavis and Butthead.?

I find the balaclava can get crusty at times...

Topham

Nov 2, 2018
North Wales
Did you find the right size for you in the end mate?

I was allowed (Santa gave it to me to try on when it arrived and I then it was taken away again for redeployment on a random day at the end of December) to try mine on again. I do see what you mean that it does seem ‘bigger’ and more roomy but for me at least I would still choose a medium, like all my lids (motorcycle, mtb and road).

Hi mate. Just got back from raceco cycles where I did try on another large again. And although it did fit a bit better, was still slightly wobbly. I did try the medium on and it was a no go so I must be large. Just waiting for them to get no lids in

LetRippr

Apr 21, 2021
Devon
So I have a problem
I can be a bit vain, but can't we all. I always wear a helmet but look like a complete tit. I just look like a mushroom headed pilock as I have a fairly thin face. Love wearing my full Face as actually looks alright. But for casual rides in woods and fire roads it's too much. Any suggestions on any helmets that actually look descent and don't make heads into mushrooms? I've bought 3 different helmets online so far and everyone makes me look mushroom headed. Maybe a road bike helmet would be better as if I ever do anything proper off road I go full Face anyway....

Any recommendations?
TLD A3, looks way better than any other lid I've had

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
This is not advise but I can't stand wearing a lid.
I'm not against PPE and choose to wear it all the time for work .
I wear a full face at trail centers but for general pottering around a lid drives me mad.
One of my biggest dislikes about motorbikes is all the shite you have to wear.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles