BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Product Image:

Product name: Leatt GPX 5.0 3DF Impact Protective Shorts
Price paid: 85
Score (out of 10): 9

Review:
Leatt GPX 5.0 3DF Impact Protective Shorts in Black - Leatt Motocross Enduro Body Protection Your top-level protection shorts alternative.

Protection at the hip, upper hip, thigh and coccyx (removable), these shorts score a total of 17 points in the Leatt GPX 5.0 protection rating system.

Compression MoistureCool material with flatlock stitching and mesh ventilation ensures a comfortable fit and premium protection.

Now you will return home with a smile on your face after every ride - even after a crash! Leatt GPX 5.0 3DF Impact Short features: Certified 3DF hip impact protection Upper hip and thigh padding Coccyx/tailbone padding (removable) CE tested and certified as impact protection: Hip EN1621-1 Level 1 Extra wide with comfortable waist stretch Anti-odor MoistureCool and AirMesh wicking fabrics Silicone printed elastic leg cuffs Pre-shaped 3D design for better fit and function

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Very good review. Bought these too after nearly breaking my hip. Very comfy but I would prefer if they came with chamois as you mentioned.
Wear them with my TLD 7855 vest

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Very good review. Bought these too after nearly breaking my hip. Very comfy but I would prefer if they came with chamois as you mentioned.
Wear them with my TLD 7855 vest
Do you wear an extra padding for ya seat and arse?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I just wear them as is and haven't had any issues, even on the new Focus "chopping block/what's padding" saddle.

If you want the chamois, the 4.0 version has that instead of the coccyx pad.

I wasn't overly impressed with the type of armour when I got mine. One is leatt's reactive foam (not D30) and the other is just foam. I felt the coccyx pad was also too small.

However, they've actually protected really well in real falls. My worst bruising has always been where there's no pads, so the pads obviously do work and the hip pads seem really effective. More pads or thicker pads and you'd be too hot, so the usual armour compromise.

I've been looking to buy another pair and seeing what else there is which might be better almost 2 years on and amazingly there's nothing jumping out. I keep hoping to find things with better vented honeycomb armour or something, but naa .. nothing.

Ye old review :

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
I wear these all the time as well. They have kept me safe without breaks and minimal bruising for about 8 months ( c. 3000km).

I dont miss the chamois -- then again Ive recently learnt that minimising seating time is usually a good thing so a bit of an incentive to not use my saddle as a couch..

I do have a couple of ''Don't Likes" but probably irrelevant as I suspect I will buy 'same again' if I dont hear of a better alternative:-
a) I find they tend to slip down a little during a ride. I have the correct size ( I returned the first pair as too big). No bg deal I suspect.
b) The elastication in the leg disappeared after just a couple of months. I think this poor quality for what is an expensive purchase in my opinion.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles