Knock block snapped

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Had a little fall on the rail 7 today heard a snapping sound now bars turn all the way round no noise coming from them and a nice smooth action when I turn them shall I just leave it as it is or do I need to take it apart

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Lol seems to be bars turn nice and smoothly nothing hits but don't no where the bit that snapped off is going to a local bike park today so hopefully all should be ok

Big07

Aug 23, 2020
Australia
Lol seems to be bars turn nice and smoothly nothing hits but don't no where the bit that snapped off is going to a local bike park today so hopefully all should be ok

I just created an account to post this.
You should remove your fork along with the small knock block piece that screws in to the frame and very, very carefully check the frame. It's entirely possible that you may have cracked the frame.
I have seen this before, see the attached picture of frame that was warrantied after cracking.

During a crash, the knock block can transfer all of the energy into a small area and crack the frame.

Last edited:

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
But I'll check again and do what you mentioned just had a new frame fitted as well for the battery alignment

Big07

Aug 23, 2020
Australia
You would need to remove the fork and the knock block adapter that screws onto the frame to check. The picture above is just one example that was very obvious. Otherwise if there is no crack in the frame count yourself lucky.

In these instances warranty claims have been denied as a crack in this area is indicative of "crash damage and/or misuse"

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles