Rail (625Wh) Zeb ultimate clearance with knock block removed

scott.kibbler

Aug 7, 2022
North East England
Sorry if this has been covered but searching im finding different answers.

We know a zeb ultimate hits the frame on a medium, what about a large.

Is it also material dependant? if it clears on a large is it carbon and alloy?

Thanks

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hi Scott. Maybe you’re aware of this but Trek has a specific Zeb Ultimate fork available from rock shox that fits the steering tub size/outside diameter on Trek’s only. The fork will fit but there is no “step” difference. If you know what I mean? 🤔
Since I have a medium Rail I’m not sure if the fork needs a knock block for a large size Rail. Someone here may know.

scott.kibbler

Aug 7, 2022
North East England
Hi Scott. Maybe you’re aware of this but Trek has a specific Zeb Ultimate fork available from rock shox that fits the steering tub size/outside diameter on Trek’s only. The fork will fit but there is no “step” difference. If you know what I mean? 🤔
Since I have a medium Rail I’m not sure if the fork needs a knock block for a large size Rail. Someone here may know.
Yea i know about the trek specific version with the wider crown. I have a set on a levo sl and looking to buy a rail to transfer all my parts too. Looking to know if they clear on a large carbon or aluminium.

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
I have a large Rail 625 with a pair of aftermarket Zeb Ultimates and there is plenty of clearance. I still run a knock block on mine as I have no reason to remove. Buy it could easily run without on the large.

apologies for the pic quality, the bike is in the rack locked up
02F4BBC4-2ED9-4AD2-84C3-C2C617DF7D6B.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles