Knee/Elbow Pads - User Habits not Which Ones

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Oh, and I always wear gloves! They are not to protect my hands from blisters on the grips, but to protect the fingers from brambles etc, and the palms when I fall off. I had a gravelled palm once!! :eek:

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Me and her, being old and decrepit, don't bother with body armour other than gloves. I enjoy my scabby knees - reminds me of being 6 years old again...

However, I slowed down gently to a stop to take this picture (not often you see a boat parked like that. Must have been a bad storm ? ).

IMG_2802.JPG

Seems I should have realised that my missus was looking at the scenery and wouldn't, therefore, be looking at where she was going. Entirely my fault that she crashed into me and grazed her knees and elbows...

It seems that "we" will be buying knee and arm protectors in the not too distant future. :rolleyes:

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
Elbow pads go one at start of the ride. Knee pads (with zippers!!!!) go in the backpack. Fire road up the mountain without the kneepads, then the kneepads go on for the descent.

Used to ride without elbow pads, untill I slid out while descending a gravel road. Took three weeks for the little pebbles to come out with the scabs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles