Rail (625Wh) Kiox question

andrewgc

Sep 27, 2023
Aubrey Texas
Considering a Rail 7 Gen 2, which should have the Purion. Can someone please explain the Kiox upgrade? It that a Trek product, or aftermarket. What are the advantages? Cost?
Thank you!
Andrew

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Hi
Kiox is a bosch unit but the frame mount is Treks
I did the mod to my 7 but mounted it on the top of the steerer which the kiox kit you buy comes with anyway
Best advantage for me was battery percentage instead of 5 blocks
Theres other features but i tend not to use them its also handy being able to adjust your wheel size if you put a 27.5 on the rear (y)
Kit below but obviously you would get it your side .

andrewgc

Sep 27, 2023
Aubrey Texas
Hi
Kiox is a bosch unit but the frame mount is Treks
I did the mod to my 7 but mounted it on the top of the steerer which the kiox kit you buy comes with anyway
Best advantage for me was battery percentage instead of 5 blocks
Theres other features but i tend not to use them its also handy being able to adjust your wheel size if you put a 27.5 on the rear (y)
Kit below but obviously you would get it your side .

Excellent. Thank you so much!
Andrew

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The Kiox is a nice upgrade from the Purion. Both my Rail and Powerfly now have these. For me they’re are a few reasons for the Kiox upgrade which are likely different than others.

The size and positioning of the Kiox freed up some cockpit space. There are different mounting options between the Rail and Powerfly but the display is more central. Also the display is coloured. Depending on which page you are on, you can quickly glance at the Kiox and see which mode you are in.

My default page is the digital clock and km’s available in that mode. I rarely use the other information available …but it’s there if I need it.

There’s several different mounting options available. On my Rail it’s mounted to the top tube. On my Powerfly it’s mounted to the stem. Both have a small tether and clip so the Kiox can breakaway from its magnetic holder …when I crash. (A simple solution derived from experience. 🥴)

The controller is mounted and wired to the bar but I position this for minimal use (maybe twice per ride). I’ve also rotated the controller to prevent a high obstruction so it doesn’t snap off after a OTB.

But mostly I just glance at the mode colour (purple =eMTB mode).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles