Rail (625Wh) Kids shotgun pro seat mounting with Kiox questions

Timwu12

Nov 2, 2022
Austin
I want to pickup the shotgun pro kids seat for my Rail 9.7 so that my 2.5 year old can ride with me but I’m not seeing how it mounts while keeping the Knock Block with the Kiox unit on the top tube.

Has anyone installed this on a Bike with Kiox and was still able to keep the knock block?

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
I want to pickup the shotgun pro kids seat for my Rail 9.7 so that my 2.5 year old can ride with me but I’m not seeing how it mounts while keeping the Knock Block with the Kiox unit on the top tube.

Has anyone installed this on a Bike with Kiox and was still able to keep the knock block?
I have had both the shotgun pro seat and the Mac ride. I had to re-locate my kiox to the top cap and the handlebars (done it on both mine and the Mrs) and then you need a knock block specific spacer (they sell them on the shotgun website) before you can fit the washer required for the seat.

Hope that helps 👍

Timwu12

Nov 2, 2022
Austin
I have had both the shotgun pro seat and the Mac ride. I had to re-locate my kiox to the top cap and the handlebars (done it on both mine and the Mrs) and then you need a knock block specific spacer (they sell them on the shotgun website) before you can fit the washer required for the seat.

Hope that helps 👍

Can you let me know what you used for the Kiox relocation?

I see there’s an option from K-Edge and there’s 2, one that mounts to the stem under the top cap and one to the front of the handlebars, is one preferred since you’ve done both options?

Sean0711

Nov 30, 2020
Surrey, uk
I used a acid mount for the bars and just a generic stem top cap plastic mount for the other one. Both work fine, reason I went with the bar mount one is because I have a k-edge garmin mount top cap on my rail.

Hope that helps 👍

BD61C4B7-2CEF-4C0C-837B-89A794ACEB0C.jpeg 099B5DF2-1502-477F-A295-624D94966937.jpeg AAB4481A-F2EB-4624-8DD9-72A47ED3B0ED.jpeg

obiwun

Mar 22, 2021
Australia
I installed the Kids Ride Shotgun Pro spacer above the stem. It raises the Shotgun high enough above the Kiox display. So I have two knock block spacers under my stem and the shotgun spacer above my stem held in place by the top cap. Keep an eye on the top cap bolt torque but I have had dozens of great rides with my kids this way.

1669952379873.jpeg

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I think the real issue is stopping kid from playing with the buttons.

You know how nosy they are.and prone to touching things.

Timwu12

Nov 2, 2022
Austin
I installed the Kids Ride Shotgun Pro spacer above the stem. It raises the Shotgun high enough above the Kiox display. So I have two knock block spacers under my stem and the shotgun spacer above my stem held in place by the top cap. Keep an eye on the top cap bolt torque but I have had dozens of great rides with my kids this way.

View attachment 102421
Oh, I hadn’t even considered that but thank you for showing me that!

For the longest time, I was trying to figure out how to relocate the Kiox if I was using the shotgun handle bars as well since most relocation mounts mount on the handlebars right adjacent to the stem but the shotgun handlebars would take up that space.

obiwun

Mar 22, 2021
Australia
Oh, I hadn’t even considered that but thank you for showing me that!

For the longest time, I was trying to figure out how to relocate the Kiox if I was using the shotgun handle bars as well since most relocation mounts mount on the handlebars right adjacent to the stem but the shotgun handlebars would take up that space.
One other thing. To stop the bolt that clamps the shotgun onto the stem from hitting the stem, I swapped the shotgun bolt for one with a smaller head. I have to use an Allen key to install it but that works for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles