Kiox 300

pinoymamba

Nov 26, 2023
USA
I’ve had random shut offs thinking it was from the wires from the Kiox to controller. Today I had the most awful experience on a ride it shut off so many times. Usually it’ll shut off when the bars were turned too much. I ended up just bypassing the Kiox. Works flawlessly now without any shut offs. Anyone have experience with and Kiox or should I just get a new cable. I’ve read those go bad…

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
If it's only shutting off when turning the bars, thus putting strain on the cable my first thought would be either a damaged cable (sometimes the damage can't be seen externally) or the connection port into the kiox.

pinoymamba

Nov 26, 2023
USA
If it's only shutting off when turning the bars, thus putting strain on the cable my first thought would be either a damaged cable (sometimes the damage can't be seen externally) or the connection port into the kiox.
Just found it odd it was working perfectly fine to random turn offs the following day. I will purchase a cable first. The way they designed the cabling and mount for the Kiox is very dated.

west

Nov 17, 2022
NZ
This is why Trek put the Kiox 300 in the top tube.
So much better having it there, have had some huge crashes and no issues at all. Screen information is quite useful, just be nicer if it sat flush inside the top tube.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles