Kiox 300 - Personalise Screens

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I see on the previous version of Kiox you can adjust the data and screens to your liking. On the Kiox 300 it looks as though all you can change is what displays on the top bar (battery, time or speed) would be nice if you could configure your own screens to display what you like together.

Hopefully something we will see in an update

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Pretty cool huh. Took me a couple of rides to work out what I wanted , settled on this as my main screen.
The altitude started working with this update too , which made my Garmin pretty much obsolete , so it's for sale
😁
Screenshot_20230819-184442~2.png

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Most important to me is:
- Rider input power
- Cadence
- Heart Rate

Is it possible to pair a heart rate monitor to it?

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Good feature for sure.

Range
Distance
Speed

Is how I have mine, battery percentage is obviously already on the very top of the screen anyway.

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Most important to me is:
- Rider input power
- Cadence
- Heart Rate

Is it possible to pair a heart rate monitor to it?
I wish I could pair my Garmin watch with the Kiox or the Flow app or whatever to add HR but sadly that doesn't seem to be an option.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Out for a ride today and the elevation wouldn't connect. Everything else worked , speed , distance etc.
I did stop twice to open the Flow app and the elevation updated each time but it seems that without Flow open and displayed on the phone , it doesn't show the data.
Anyone have any thoughts ? Flow has permission for location when running , no other permissions. Also , it worked last ride... 🤔

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Hmmm. I started another ride , Kiox took a short while to pick up the altitude , even after I opened Flow. Once moving , no change in altitude so I set permission to "always allow" , altitude began to register a change.
For the sake of the experiment , I did one lap , then began another lap with the permission back to "only when using the app". The altitude continued to register.
Inconclusive at this point , I think the main thing is to ensure the Kiox and Flow have connected properly before starting the ride. That may have been the issue yesterday.
To be continued ☺️

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Hmmm. I started another ride , Kiox took a short while to pick up the altitude , even after I opened Flow. Once moving , no change in altitude so I set permission to "always allow" , altitude began to register a change.
For the sake of the experiment , I did one lap , then began another lap with the permission back to "only when using the app". The altitude continued to register.
Inconclusive at this point , I think the main thing is to ensure the Kiox and Flow have connected properly before starting the ride. That may have been the issue yesterday.
To be continued ☺️
So the bike does not have elevation reading natively, but you need your phone to get the altitude?

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Yeah , I'm guessing that like my Garmin 530 , it must be connected to the phone to track location which in turn gives elevation data.
Distance travelled can be tracked through wheel revolutions without a phone connection though.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Yeah , I'm guessing that like my Garmin 530 , it must be connected to the phone to track location which in turn gives elevation data.
Distance travelled can be tracked through wheel revolutions without a phone connection though.
So this is not the smart system motor then?
I took for granted the smart system motor would have elevation from the GPS.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Yes , smart system. I haven't used the GPS but I suspect it won't work without being paired to a phone and the Flow app running.

John-E

Subscriber
Aug 9, 2023
North America
To be continued ☺️
Whenever I have permission set to "only when using app" my rides are not recorded 50% of the time. I have gone to setting it to "always" and it now records every ride. And then I forget to change it back to "Never" and my phone alerts me in a couple days with "The Flow APP has recorded you location 28 times in the last two days. Change?". Bosch wants to stay too involved with everything, IMHO.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Yes , smart system. I haven't used the GPS but I suspect it won't work without being paired to a phone and the Flow app running.
Correct to use GPS Navigation on the smart system with Kiox 300 you need the flow app connected which of course uses location data from the cellphone.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Pretty cool huh. Took me a couple of rides to work out what I wanted , settled on this as my main screen.
The altitude started working with this update too , which made my Garmin pretty much obsolete , so it's for sale
😁 View attachment 122858
Nice, I havent had a full play around with mine yet but what I'd like..

Clock, on top line as don't need batt % with LED remote, Speed, distance and cadence would be nice.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
The connect module is an added security accessory. Most bikes don’t have the connect module.

As for the GPS within it yes it’s for security only I believe
That´s disappointing.

And I thought the connect module was the defining feature of what made it the smart system motor. Can you get a CX smart system without the connect module?

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
That´s disappointing.

And I thought the connect module was the defining feature of what made it the smart system motor. Can you get a CX smart system without the connect module?
As I stated above the connect module is an added extra you can buy for your smart system bike. It adds security features.

No Bosch smart system bikes come with this fitted from factory as far as I know.

So yes of course you can get a gen 4 smart system bike without the connect module, that’s practically every smart system bike sold.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles