Kenevo Gen1 Kenevos Coming Back Into Stock

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
FYI it sound like Specialized might have gotten a container or two of Kenevos. Was just talking to a shop and they got 3 Experts in size S4 today. They were expecting only one. Happy hunting!

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
My LBS has comps coming into stock as well but I am not sure why this would be if there is some imminent announcement for a new bike to replace it.

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
I was just wondering not hearing anyone else ranting about it online. I've ordered a black Kenevo Expert S3 last September and it was announced to get here on March 15th. But when I asked my LBS last week if my bike is gonna be here in time, I just got the reply that the order got cancelled by Specialized. They told me that out of 13 Kenevos they ordered, 9 got cancelled. I must say that despite loving my Kenevo to pieces (Already own a S4 but want to size down), that I am getting more and more disappointed by Specialized. My first Motor broke down after not even 300km, my LBS contacted Spesh about a knocking noise coming from the top of the battery hitting the frame over half a year ago and did'nt get an answer since then. And now how can it be, that a manufacturer cancels almost 75% of an order, even ones that were made in September? With that many bikes not being available, I was just wondering if anyone has made the same experience?

Jboyd

Feb 9, 2021
California
I am waiting on a warranty replacement, 2020 Kenevo Expert S4. They said they were supposed to get a contain last week of Feb, so maybe I would have my bike early March. Just called the shop and they have no idea when it’s coming now, said more likely to be this summer the way inventory cycles go. I know they can’t do anything about it, it is what it is. In the meantime, I’m getting a workout on my analog bike. Anyone else have insight to when the next shipment of Kenevo’s is supposed to arrive?

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
Paid a visit to my lbs last Saturday and got to talk to the owner this time. My Kenevo is going to be here soon, but it could be till April instead of March 15th which was the delivery date mentioned on the invoice. Hope this is going to be true. Sorry to hear you are going to wait a lot longer. I think it is going to be hard to get a bike when you want one now, I'm just lucky that I placed my order in October. On the other hand it is going to make selling my S4 Kenevo a lot easier ;)

Jboyd

Feb 9, 2021
California
Paid a visit to my lbs last Saturday and got to talk to the owner this time. My Kenevo is going to be here soon, but it could be till April instead of March 15th which was the delivery date mentioned on the invoice. Hope this is going to be true. Sorry to hear you are going to wait a lot longer. I think it is going to be hard to get a bike when you want one now, I'm just lucky that I placed my order in October. On the other hand it is going to make selling my S4 Kenevo a lot easier ;)
Mine is a warranty replacement, order placed January 15th. I’m stoked with specialized warranty, but the wait is a bummer. I’m riding a bike in the meantime, which is fine, but eager to get back on an Ebike

Dan202B

Jul 5, 2020
California
I was just wondering not hearing anyone else ranting about it online. I've ordered a black Kenevo Expert S3 last September and it was announced to get here on March 15th. But when I asked my LBS last week if my bike is gonna be here in time, I just got the reply that the order got cancelled by Specialized. They told me that out of 13 Kenevos they ordered, 9 got cancelled. I must say that despite loving my Kenevo to pieces (Already own a S4 but want to size down), that I am getting more and more disappointed by Specialized. My first Motor broke down after not even 300km, my LBS contacted Spesh about a knocking noise coming from the top of the battery hitting the frame over half a year ago and did'nt get an answer since then. And now how can it be, that a manufacturer cancels almost 75% of an order, even ones that were made in September? With that many bikes not being available, I was just wondering if anyone has made the same experience?
How tall are you? I am trying to decide what size I want. I typically like to up size. I am 5’8” and prefer a large Levo to a Medium. Looking at the s3 and s4 sizing I should go s3 but every other bike I go up one size and am happy. What was it about the s4 specifically you noticed. Is it reach causing back pain etc... thank you for helping me understand the size issue.

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
How tall are you? I am trying to decide what size I want. I typically like to up size. I am 5’8” and prefer a large Levo to a Medium. Looking at the s3 and s4 sizing I should go s3 but every other bike I go up one size and am happy. What was it about the s4 specifically you noticed. Is it reach causing back pain etc... thank you for helping me understand the size issue.

Hey Dan, as I stated in another thread, ergonomically there was nothing wrong with the S4 for me. On the S4 I have a more stretched out, yet really comfortable seating position. I just prefer the nimbleness of the S3 as I can just put down a more agile riding style, do better bunny hops and manuals and such. Also with long legs and a short torso, I am just better suited to shorter bikes with more stack. So my sizing decision is merely based on how I want the bike to ride based on the wheelbase, which is actually the core ideas behind the S sizing. So if you have the chance, just try the S4 and S3 and decide if you merely want an agile or a more stable bike. If you can't try sizes, I guess the S3 will be a sure shot for you.

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
Okay, I have just been called by my LBS and he told me that my Kenevo got cancelled completely. I must say that I'm not really eager to buy from a brand anymore which finds it more important to pump out three new 2022 models (new FF Kenevo is gonna be here soon as well) before 2021 isn't even half over but doesn't manage to deliver bikes that have been ordered last September. And the only Spesh Option now is to buy their overpriced 2022 models packed with shit I don't even need on a bike like fancy Displays or some XC Fitness Heartrate bullshit, I actually just wann ride my fu***n bike. Sorry to say it that way but f*ck you Specialized! And thanks for stalling me another month after telling my lbs that my bike is gonna be here for sure. Was really nice to have some productive time to buy custom frame protection I can't return and a custom EXT Arma damper tuned for the Kenevo.

Jboyd

Feb 9, 2021
California
Okay, I have just been called by my LBS and he told me that my Kenevo got cancelled completely. I must say that I'm not really eager to buy from a brand anymore which finds it more important to pump out three new 2022 models (new FF Kenevo is gonna be here soon as well) before 2021 isn't even half over but doesn't manage to deliver bikes that have been ordered last September. And the only Spesh Option now is to buy their overpriced 2022 models packed with shit I don't even need on a bike like fancy Displays or some XC Fitness Heartrate bullshit, I actually just wann ride my fu***n bike. Sorry to say it that way but f*ck you Specialized! And thanks for stalling me another month after telling my lbs that my bike is gonna be here for sure. Was really nice to have some productive time to buy custom frame protection I can't return and a custom EXT Arma damper tuned for the Kenevo.
Dang! I have parts purchased and waiting for my Kenevo as well, but only waiting since January. They are saying mid May now. Crazy they cancelled your order completely. You would think they would have to honor the sale, even if it meant eating it on a new model for the same price.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
You guys wanting huge long bikes ?
You don`t like lifting the front wheel , bunny hopping and jumping ? How about endo turns ?

That extra reach is gonna make it harder to get leverage . Might be stable in a straight line . But who wants to only ride fast in straight lines ?

Jboyd

Feb 9, 2021
California
You guys wanting huge long bikes ?
You don`t like lifting the front wheel , bunny hopping and jumping ? How about endo turns ?

That extra reach is gonna make it harder to get leverage . Might be stable in a straight line . But who wants to only ride fast in straight lines ?

Can sit on any to demo. Have to order blindly. I’m 6’1” ordered an S4 based on my size. S3 could probably work?

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
Thanks for all the links guys. The thing is that with the reliability I had with my S4 Kenevo in the past I really don't want to buy such a bike online. Also I don't really see the point in buying a bike online while paying extra for a bikeshop brand rather than direct sales. With my lbs I can just sort things out quickly and even if they're too busy I have the oppurtunity to just get the parts and fix it myself. I am actually quite pissed at Specialized at the moment and I am simply not going to honor them by just desperately buying somewhere else. I mean it took Spesh almost half a year to tell me that my bike isn't gonna be here and now they left me without a bike in the worst time to get another one. So if Spesh doesn't work out some satisfying solution with my lbs then my last Kenevo will also be the last Specialized I've ever owned...

@Rosemount I really don't see your point here? I am aware of how to fit a bike but it's not really going to change anything considering the ride characteristics like nimbleness vs. stability

@Jboyd At your height I'd rather go for a S4, you're two inches taller than me

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Thanks for all the links guys. The thing is that with the reliability I had with my S4 Kenevo in the past I really don't want to buy such a bike online. Also I don't really see the point in buying a bike online while paying extra for a bikeshop brand rather than direct sales. With my lbs I can just sort things out quickly and even if they're too busy I have the oppurtunity to just get the parts and fix it myself. I am actually quite pissed at Specialized at the moment and I am simply not going to honor them by just desperately buying somewhere else. I mean it took Spesh almost half a year to tell me that my bike isn't gonna be here and now they left me without a bike in the worst time to get another one. So if Spesh doesn't work out some satisfying solution with my lbs then my last Kenevo will also be the last Specialized I've ever owned...

@Rosemount I really don't see your point here? I am aware of how to fit a bike but it's not really going to change anything considering the ride characteristics like nimbleness vs. stability

Did you watch the video ?
It explains in detail why the length of bike ultimately affects ability to maneuver it .

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
@Rosemount Now i did and there is really nothing new I didn't know yet. I just didn't watch it before because I really don't see the point, since I've already ridden a S3 for a full day and know it's the right size (Sadly I didnt't have that opportunity before I bought my S4). The thing is that I can't get an S3 and overthinking the sizing isn't going to help here. But thanks anyways for trying to help :)

mopar04

Oct 16, 2020
California

It’s not the bike brands, it’s the supply chains manufacturing the bikes and providing the components. Raw materials and components for complete bikes are ordered by the bike brand 12-24 months before the bike is produced, and then your PO just sits in line at the factory waiting for its turn down the line and the bike brands periodically get updates of lead times and delays. Then the factory reaches out a couple months to a couple weeks before your bikes are supposed to be ready to let you know that they’re short on X Y or Z materials or component and they’re stuck scrambling trying to find the fairest way to allocate whatever percentage of bikes they’re receiving compared to their full PO. Also keep in mind that containers that used to take 4-6 weeks to get to the warehouses in US and Europe from Asia now take 3-4 months due to a global shortage of containers, cargo ships, port capacity, and trucks.

_Martin_

Oct 31, 2019
Stuttgart, Germany
I am aware that the supply chain is a complex process especially considering the current situation. I still don't think it is any excuse for needing half a year to tell your customer that you can just fullfill a third of your orders. Especially since i got stalled by Specialized for over a month after the supposed delivery date with the message that my bike is going to be here for sure. It's not like Covid just hit us recently. A lot of my friends are having issues with the availability of parts or bikes. But for them the suppliers at least let them know beforehand or they just needed to wait longer and get their stuff for sure. Just in one case a bike got cancelled one month before being delivered after having waited for a month and he at least got offered a big discount for his next bike as a compensation. I'm not saying that those mistakes are not bound to happen, but it seems like other brands are handling them much better.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles