Just ordered my Decoy...3 weeks from delivery (so they say)

MoWind

Jun 20, 2019
Garden Valley, Idaho
The problem is lack of real information. I’ve seen posts from Europe that had on-time deliveries, and posts with huge delays. Same for Canada (although the posts I read from there seemed to tilt more to big delays) and for the U.S. And I’m not talking about long leads between order date and “availability” dates at time of order (that’s something you go into with eyes wide open), I’m talking about delays relative to original “availability” date. Like someone else said, whenever I call “the Mill” in San Clemente they are always very courteous and helpful. But (isn’t there always a butt), it seems the availability (and therefore delivery) info is flaky at best. Logistics these days are pretty sophisticated, it should be pretty straight forward to know where delivery stands from the point of order placement (not yet built, on the ocean, in our warehouse, et cetera). I get that circumstances can change (supplier failures, customs delays, ship sinks, etc) but that becomes an opportunity to be forthright with the customer and let them know. It’s the information black box (considering that you ponyed up thousands of dollars up front) that makes this so frustrating. Most companies I’ve dealt with seem to put some slack in their scheduling promises (makes one happy to get good things ahead of schedule), whereas these guys seem to, on average at least, over promise on when you can expect to get your bike. I don’t see how that works to YT’s favor in the long run. And I want YT to succeed in the long run, not just because I’ve invested in their products, (have a Jeffsy, going nuts waiting for my Decoy), but also because I like their business model (direct sales).

mccabe615

Patreon
Dec 31, 2018
VA
Just got an update from YT when I reached out about my order which is supposed to "be available on 7/31/19". I reached out to know if it would ship today, their response:

Your Decoy has encountered a minor delay, but is scheduled to be arriving here at our warehouse this coming Monday.

From there, your bike will be processed in our warehouse and then shipped within 48 hours of its arrival.

As soon as the shipping label is created, you will receive the FedEx ground tracking number in an automated email.

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Just took mine out on its maiden voyage around CYB Beast trail. The Decoy is an animal, soaked it all up and saved me a couple of times where I was skill challenged including an enormous two wheel drift down the rocky helter skelter hairpins on one of the Adams family sections. 28 mile in total with 3300ft climbing, on trail mode except the last climb in boost as my legs were gone - 1bar left ?

MoWind

Jun 20, 2019
Garden Valley, Idaho
Curious if you folks ordered the matte version, and did you order the fork kit and/or anything else from invisiframe? (btw, last Friday YT told me my large pro race should arrive at warehouse today and ship later this week; order placed May 25th)

CatButt

Jul 20, 2019
Redondo Beach, Ca
I ordered matte and no fork kit...I actually didn’t even know a fork kit was a thing or I would have. Congrats on the bike man...if you are in SoCal we should do a new owner “orientation “ somewhere.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
I ordered matte also and apparently didn't get the fork kit.
I'll just wrap the forks in 3M dinoc carbon fiber to protect
them.

When I get the bike I'll throw on my new Revgrips, change the
seat out to my new Ergon one, and install the Invisiframe. It'll
be one sweet ride!

I'm in SoCal (San Diego) so when we all get our bikes we should
meet up for a Decoy ride!

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Curious if you folks ordered the matte version, and did you order the fork kit and/or anything else from invisiframe? (btw, last Friday YT told me my large pro race should arrive at warehouse today and ship later this week; order placed May 25th)
Ordered the matt kits. Didn't know about the fork kit.

MoWind

Jun 20, 2019
Garden Valley, Idaho
I’m going to check in Wednesday to confirm that this time it’s for real. I got to demo a Decoy Saturday and Sunday, first time I’ve actually seen one in person. Managed to do about an hour on flowy single track - it was seventh heaven! What a treat! Also, I have a large 2019 Jeffsy, I’m 5’9” (33” inseam) and the Decoy (also large) feels noticeably smaller. But I love them both.

mccabe615

Patreon
Dec 31, 2018
VA
I ordered a DECOY CF Pro XL on July 22nd. It was supposed to ship July 31st. They said it should ship today or tomorrow. I'm US based FWIW.

It looks like there's no Invisiframe for the XL Decoy yet?

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
6AB251EE-3511-4A39-A9ED-4B49829B7611.jpeg

jt21

Jun 10, 2019
United States
I ordered a DECOY CF Pro XL on July 22nd. It was supposed to ship July 31st. They said it should ship today or tomorrow. I'm US based FWIW.

It looks like there's no Invisiframe for the XL Decoy yet?

Hmm I ordered exact same XL CF Pro on July 16 and mine says avail from 9/4 and I am also US based. Is the date they gave you from contact with them or what was on your order? Or maybe you meant to say you ordered June 22? :D

Excited for NBD but I can wait.....too hot out here to ride all that much right now anyway till Sept.

I am keeping my eye on invisiframe too, but a member in the UK say they actually need the bike at their offices to build the kit for the XL size.

mccabe615

Patreon
Dec 31, 2018
VA
Hmm I ordered exact same XL CF Pro on July 16 and mine says avail from 9/4 and I am also US based. Is the date they gave you from contact with them or what was on your order? Or maybe you meant to say you ordered June 22? :D

Excited for NBD but I can wait.....too hot out here to ride all that much right now anyway till Sept.

I am keeping my eye on invisiframe too, but a member in the UK say they actually need the bike at their offices to build the kit for the XL size.

I ordered on July 22nd when it said available 7/31 on the site. I contacted them last week and they said there were delays receiving them by ship. They received the bike Monday and shipped it out yesterday and I should see it on the east coast by Monday. It was sort of annoying that I had to contact them to get updates on the order. The website still says the same thing though it's shipped.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 1.29.05 PM.png

Also, I contacted Invisiframe about the XL kit for the Decoy and they responded with the below, so it'll be available soon.

"We have an XL Decoy here with us for a design so the kit should be available to purchase online week commencing 12th August."

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles