Join Us! EMTB Forums Monthly Group Ride, Swinley Forest, 18th November 2018

checkerzsnr

Aug 28, 2018
NN9 6RF
Would like to come but concerned that as a 50yr+ bike rider who is far from fit (in fact quite at the other end of the fitness scale!) I may struggle and hold the rest of you back... What's the techncial level of Swinley Forest?
BTW: I throw myself in to everything (ex rugby player) and the bike is my route to shedding some pounds and getting some of the fitness back... just don't want to be the one everyone is waiting for :). Plus, if this is not a good venue / rideout for a 'novice' then please say, happy to join the fun some other time -> not going to be offended...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Would like to come but concerned that as a 50yr+ bike rider who is far from fit (in fact quite at the other end of the fitness scale!) I may struggle and hold the rest of you back... What's the techncial level of Swinley Forest?
BTW: I throw myself in to everything (ex rugby player) and the bike is my route to shedding some pounds and getting some of the fitness back... just don't want to be the one everyone is waiting for :). Plus, if this is not a good venue / rideout for a 'novice' then please say, happy to join the fun some other time -> not going to be offended...
No mate, come along... We will make sure we accommodate all riders ?

Swinley is pretty tame.

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
I will most likely be over Swinley on Sunday with my brother in law, unfortunately he still old school at the moment, I'll keep an eye out for you guys. I hope it's drier than it was yesterday, scuba gear wouldn't have been amiss on babymaker.

Topov

I was there yesterday also. lots of puddles …. But weather looks good for the weekend. I am gonna bring a rider friend with me, he has been riding Swinley for over 25 years so knows all the off piste, so can lead an intermediate group, maybe convince him to join the group ;)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I was there yesterday also. lots of puddles …. But weather looks good for the weekend. I am gonna bring a rider friend with me, he has been riding Swinley for over 25 years so knows all the off piste, so can lead an intermediate group, maybe convince him to join the group ;)
That'd be great.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Hi Rob
re the parking. I can see a lane between the houses where Kings Road meets Matthews Road. do you park on the road there or drive into the lane? Is it right that the official car park will be full at that time of day?
Thanks

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Rob
re the parking. I can see a lane between the houses where Kings Road meets Matthews Road. do you park on the road there or drive into the lane? Is it right that the official car park will be full at that time of day?
Thanks
Just park on the road :) I think 10am should be OK to be honest in Swinley though.

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
What's the plan for meeting up on the day, if we park at kings road are we heading over to the swinley carpark first?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Whats the ground conditions like at the mo? Muddy?
Swinley isn't very muddy, the trails are like a hard packed gravelly sand.
With the whole week being dry, I think we will get a pretty dry ride, with the odd puddle here and there.
?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Where are we going to Start the ride? I found it only gets fun around Red 16 but clearly there are many different skill levels which might enjoy the Start of the loop. J2

Allysnell

Sep 16, 2018
Winchester
Where are we going to Start the ride? I found it only gets fun around Red 16 but clearly there are many different skill levels which might enjoy the Start of the loop. J2
I'll just follow anyone lol. Rob have you got the post code for the alternative car park?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I am 99% certain I won't be making it; my battery appears to have died! :mad:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It could have been worse; if I hadn't managed to scrounge a spare battery (thanks again @Moose ) I would have driven 80 miles to BPW, paid my 15 quid and not made it out of the car park!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
You have, er, you know.... charged it.
Yes... :rolleyes:

I did 17.5 miles and 3477ft of climbing on the borrowed battery and then swapped to mine. It turns on fine and shows 5 bars but as soon as I put pressure on the pedal it switches off.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I wonder if we can get a spare for you? Anyone got a spare that Doomanic can use?
Thanks Rob, but I'll have to pass. I've got to drive up to Stourbridge tomorrow to get it checked. If it has failed, I don't think they carry batteries in stock for warranty and if it hasn't then the motor is at fault.

akkypac

Patreon
Jun 2, 2018
East Surrey
Grrr! No can do on this and it looks like a good 'un too. Will try to catch the next one if vaguely within reach. On the plus side, Xmas is coming when I'll have upgraded to proper tubeless tyres (Santa can't stretch to a 2019 Levo alas:cautious:). Have fun y'all!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles