Join Us! EMTB Forums Monthly Ride Out - 12th August, Forest of Dean

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Apologies its later in the month (usually first sunday of the month) but I'm away at the beginning.

Join us for the monthly EMTB Forums rideout (y)

Date: Sunday 12th August
Postcode: GL16 7EH

The last one was awesome, dont miss out! Loads of EMTB's blasting around together, meeting up with internet peoples in real life, riding, bit of chilling in between and chatting bikes and stuff. Whats not to like?!

As per the last thread we will work out a route. My excellent navigational skills will be tested again!

Pop your name down below and I'll update the thread:

Confirmed:
@Rob Hancill
@Doomanic
@JetSetDemo
@Dax
@Jonowinter
@Shaun
@Tunny
@Dawnrazor

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Alas i am away for this one, bit gutted as would have loved to go for a ride at FOD as never been

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
No can do, I'm off to Swinley...

Just kidding, of course I'm in. :ROFLMAO:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Alas i am away for this one, bit gutted as would have loved to go for a ride at FOD as never been
Just let me know when you can make it and I'll show you the good stuff.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Yeh sounds good. What’s everyone fancy doing, the marked trails or some off piste?

Last edited:

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Count me in! I feel short changed after last time - but that’ll teach me for crashing ?

There is a chance the Mrs wants to be away that week but now I’ve got a reason to argue otherwise ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Is this still happening?
Who's coming?
Pop your name down below and I'll update the thread:
tenor.gif

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I’m on holiday now until the 19th so can’t make this one ? definitely up for the next one though

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
:confused: Not a big turnout, pity, the riding's awesome.

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset
I'm going to try and make this one - Only done the FoD in the snow. I have two days on the p155 in Cardiff beforehand so I may be a little slower than normal! Is there a start time yet?

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I will be there Sunday. After the last ride out I have only been out a few times due to a well needed vacation in Mexico, I did manage to get some riding in whilst I was there but too hot and on analog bikes.

This weekend I did make it to Cannock, i have been trying out different assistance settings in order to better maximise my battery for Sunday’s ride. I have failed down turbo to 70% which seams to be enough to feel like I have plenty of boost if I switch for a climb. Trail at 30% (I am thinking of going to 25%) and 15% eco, I can feel the assistance but I view this as a kind of emergency mode.

With these settings I should be able to get just to the 4,5-5hr mark I think on Sunday??

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
4.5-5hrs? That’s keen. I flattened my battery in 17 miles and 2.5hrs yesterday on exactly the sort of terrain we’ll be tackling on Sunday...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
This was yesterday’s ride;
IMG_3172.jpg

And this was a couple of weeks ago;
IMG_3173.jpg

A lot of climbs and a lot of descents, some fun, some steep, some rooty. Some all of the above.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I cant make it this time either but will do my best to make it next time.

If you are interested in a 'Ride out' in Brechfa I would be more than happy to be your guide?

Apart from the 'official' trails which are good, I have created some 'ebike' specific trails which I am sure will test your technical steep climbing skills out.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
:confused: Not a big turnout, pity, the riding's awesome.

Yep, I’m gutted - bit too far to come back from Turkey for though... I’ve never ridden FoD and would have loved the opportunity with the current conditions- hope those that do make it have a great day. Looking forward to seeing the photos and hearing all about it.

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Same here, away on a family holiday for a week, otherwise I would certainly have been there, only ridden the marked stuff before, would have been great to do some off-piste trails. It's a lovely place.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Updated opening post.... 8 of us so far, who else?

Also, we need to think about routes. Anyone want to plan it in?

I'm thinking 10am meet set off at 10:15am-10:30am

Rob.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Cant make it family gathering weekend but please do some more
@Kiwi in Wales chris do you ride in the week?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Also, we need to think about routes. Anyone want to plan it in?
We need to know skill levels and what folks want to ride. There's the Verderers (Blue) and Freeminers (Red) but the former is hardpack and whilst fun neither show you the full potential of the FoD. Off-piste is where it's at, @Dax knows the place better than me; I'm happy to take people round Dowies/Doeys and Shutcastle, but I'm still learning the real fun/sketchy/steep stuff.

Jonowinter

Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Bournemouth
If someone is happy to lead then I would be up for doing some unmarked trails. It’s easy for me to go back in future and ride the marked routes by myself but difficult to find any good off-piste stuff without wasting lots of time and getting lost.

Happy either way though as not been before, could do a bit of both?

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Cannock Chase is my main stomping ground on The Monkey with the odd black section.

The first time i went to FoD with some friends we did the red trail first then hit Launchpad trail for the rest of the day after lunch.

I've not done any other trails or off piste trails but am keen to ride them if guided by someone in the know. I'm also not a big hitter when it comes to (big-ish) jumps. I get some air off the humps and rollers on Launchpad trail but thats only down to the pace being carried. I have sessioned the table tops feature at the start of the trails but can never seem to do it comfortably.

I can deal with steep technical descents and now I've got an ebike I'm looking forward to trying some technical climbs too.

In general i would say my skill level is Intermediate based on my experience and confidence as i said above.

But like i said I'll follow the advice form you guys in the know and follow the e-train ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles