Join Us! EMTB Forums Monthly Ride Out - 12th August, Forest of Dean

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Watch this space. Well, not this space, obviously, but there will be another somewhere, sometime.

Jonowinter

Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Bournemouth
Looking forward to the next group ride, If it could be the 9th September that would be cool, I’m busy both weekends either side......... not to worry if not though as I can always catch the October one.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Great ride today guys, thanks to @Dax and @Doomanic for guiding us. I'll definatley be trying to get up there again soon with you guys.

It was good to get out and meet others with the same interests

Can't wait for the next rideout ??

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Started off at pedalabikeaway, took the blue to the top then branched right onto the old XC enduro loop, took the fire Road past y2k and crossed over the road by the tip, did a lap of Broadwell Bumps, then down Wasteland to the stoneworks at cannop ponds, up the hill on the family trail, along the road/fireroad to Dr John's, down to parkend, up the track past whitemead and then past forest lubricants to the top of shutcastle, down Sweet As then Sams2, up to the top of dowies, down dowies 3, then back along the family trail to parkend and back to pba.

Jamer

Aug 10, 2018
Lydney
Sounds good, although even on the Kenevo i can't enjoy Dr Johns (the first section is good tho) Was Dowies very wet? Hoping to get up this week to do a bit of maint and finish off D5

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
It was a fun ride around, I really like Dr John's on the kenevo, it's not my favourite trail but it's a classic and a lot more fun than on a XC bike back in the day! I was hoping to do some runs down dowies 1 & 2, but was a bit short of time. Dowies wasnt too wet, certainly not the worst we rode today.

Is 5 the new one between 2 and 3? If so I rode it last weekend, very fun. Any ideas what the downhill trail that starts near the top of dowies 1 and comes out on the road opposite the tunnel is called?

Jamer

Aug 10, 2018
Lydney
Yes, thats it, 5 starts to the left of the start point of 3 and 4. its got a bit of work to finish it but as two out of the three of us now have Kenos there much more riding than maint. being done!! I think the trail you're talking about is called Whiter's (1) Have you ridden any of the trails at Lydney yet? Some good stuff there with gnarly drops if you want them.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Yes, thats it, 5 starts to the left of the start point of 3 and 4. its got a bit of work to finish it but as two out of the three of us now have Kenos there much more riding than maint. being done!! I think the trail you're talking about is called Whiter's (1) Have you ridden any of the trails at Lydney yet? Some good stuff there with gnarly drops if you want them.

I thought 5 was pretty sweet the other day, not as groomed as the others but good. Do the trails need much maintenance? I've always been impressed by the condition of them

Whiters rings a bell, are there more than 1 trail over there? Not ridden anything down Lydney, where abouts are they? We tend to ride Staunton or staple edge generally

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
Looks like a great day out ? is the forum meet up ever any further up North or do you always do FoD?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
So far we've done Surrey Hills and FoD with Cannock on the list for a future ride.

Where did you have in mind?

myskovon

Aug 12, 2018
Leeds
So far we've done Surrey Hills and FoD with Cannock on the list for a future ride.

Where did you have in mind?

Cool, Cannock is the closest of those for me at a couple of hours away but I wouldn’t mind the drive as I do really like it there. Dalby might appeal to fellow northerners like me.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
FOD crash update... Got x-rayed and my shoulders fine but I have some awesome bruises.
Dalby should be on the list, I’ve ridden it twice but not the black xc it would definitely by a 2 day trip for the south contingent but worth it for the community up north!!

Glad you're OK after that crash!

I'm defo up for Dalby, always wanted to ride there.

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
It was a spectacular slap as you hit the floor, glad you and your bike are ok though ??

I'm up for riding anywhere tbh. I just hope i don't have other things going on.

Dawnrazor

Patreon
Jun 11, 2018
Somerset
FOD crash update... Got x-rayed and my shoulders fine but I have some awesome bruises.
Dalby should be on the list, I’ve ridden it twice but not the black xc it would definitely by a 2 day trip for the south contingent but worth it for the community up north!!

I thought my hangover was making me see things as I crested the ridge and saw your feet flying through the air. Glad you are ok mate.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles