Join Us! EMTB Forums Monthly Group Ride, Swinley Forest, 18th November 2018

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I wouldnt bother mate you would be better off in the peaks or the chase as its over 260 mile round trip for you. I am only 50 miles each way but will be passing on this opportunity.

I’m looking forward to meeting up with all the new friends I’ve met over the past 4 months group rides.

You enjoy your peaks ride though ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I wouldnt bother mate you would be better off in the peaks or the chase as its over 260 mile round trip for you. I am only 50 miles each way but will be passing on this opportunity.
@JetSetDemo has hiked his Levo all over the UK to attend Forum rides, pretty sure outside of Rob he's the only member to have made all of them, and for that he is rightly a forum legend because without members like him we would have only had 2 or 3 people turning up - the 260 miles it what makes the trip, not what prevents it.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I am looking forward to it, it’s a new place for me to experience and the company will be great! For anyone who has not been on a forum ride yet I can’t recommend it enough, I have made some real new friends this year just through making the effort to get involved. I can’t wait for the first 2 day ride maybe next summer? Then we could crack a few beers in the evening ✋?

Jonowinter

Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Bournemouth
I am looking forward to it, it’s a new place for me to experience and the company will be great! For anyone who has not been on a forum ride yet I can’t recommend it enough, I have made some real new friends this year just through making the effort to get involved. I can’t wait for the first 2 day ride maybe next summer? Then we could crack a few beers in the evening ✋?

Beer is the best recovery drink @JetSetDemo. Look forward to it !!

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
EMTB Fest!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
:cry: it's my son's birthday that day and we already have plans - would have loved to give Swinley a go... never mind, there's always next month!

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Aaargh, I can't make this date, sorry Rob, and it's my local too!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it guys, it's a good blast over there (y)

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Has anyone taken a look at the trail map on the Swinley bike hub website? If so where is that from? It’s got trails from all over the UK when you zoom out but can’t find a link to the original site?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
The map that's linked off the swinley website is tailforks, it's a global map that users can add trails to, one of the ways I find new trails.

There are two official trails at swinley, the blue and the red, the red is a loop off the blue so you can ride both in one ride. Both are excellent trails, much easier than the stuff we rode last weekend but brilliant fun and very well designed. These are the trails:
3E792C34-F8AD-4346-86A1-3F43A594E605.jpeg

E5057C5C-9682-4456-8862-30FA1A32F79B.jpeg

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
There’s a lot more to Swinley beyond just the red and blue trails, especially the nearby Crowthorne Woods. Does anyone have any local knowledge beyond the reds and blues?

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Sounds a great idea.....weekend piss up and riding your MTB.
one suggestion though....... nobody tell " Wiltshire warrior " about the trip.
Would have liked to come on this ride out but broken wrist has put a stop to it.
Hope you enjoy the ride lads......should be a good day out because he who cannot be mentioned isn't going.
P.s. If stews going, please look after him after watching that crash?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles