Jacket Repair

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Caught the sleeve of my Fox Ranger waterproof jacket on some barbed wire and put a little hole in it.
Anyone suggest the best product to fix it please?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Something like stormsure, can buy it on amazon for example.

Quite often you just get a small piece of fabric, stick that through the hole/tear, squirt some stormsure on that and spread it around then press your jacket/tear over the patch and weight it for x hours - so the repair is on the inside. Get it right and you can't see the repair.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm not familiar with that jacket design, but if you can get to the back of the tear/hole.....
Fox may sell a repair kit, if not try Goretex they are sure to do so. It's fabric patch applied to the back of the tear/hole.
But I would put some Gaffer tape on the back of it, or maybe even Gorilla tape. Anything that you feel confident can withstand a 30degC wash (detergent free of course).

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Iron-on seam tape is the easiest and neatest.
Put it on the inside of the fabric and you can usually produce an almost invisible repair:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Something like stormsure, can buy it on amazon for example.

Quite often you just get a small piece of fabric, stick that through the hole/tear, squirt some stormsure on that and spread it around then press your jacket/tear over the patch and weight it for x hours - so the repair is on the inside. Get it right and you can't see the repair.
yes....I was going to suggest Aquasure...which is probably the same thing. If it is the classic triangle shape tear but with no material actually missing something like Stormsure/Aquasure can rebond the edges and the repair will be flexible and at least as strong as the material. I use the stuff for wetsuit repairs but have also repaired wellies, shoes, horserugs etc with it.

lolawhite

Feb 19, 2021
USA
yes....I was going to suggest Aquasure...which is probably the same thing. If it is the classic triangle shape tear but with no material actually missing something like Stormsure/Aquasure can rebond the edges and the repair will be flexible and at least as strong as the material. I use the stuff for wetsuit repairs but have also repaired wellies, shoes, horserugs etc with it.
yes that's the best option we could do to repair it. I have a vlone jail jacket, once I get my jacket damaged, I make it repair using this method.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles