Waterproof jacket

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Thanks, that's an option. Any idea how small it goes or the weight? I need it to stuff into the side pocket of my bum-bag.
This is the actual one i have . If stuff sack was smaller it could squeeze smaller. Not very breathable but it's reasonably shower proof. For a summer day when it's not going to pour down and when wind gets up. 207 grams including stuff sack 😄.

Screenshot_20240207_171015_Chrome.jpg 20240207_170535.jpg 20240207_170407.jpg 20240207_170800.jpg

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Thanks, that's a bit big/heavy for what I have in mind. The other Endura one gets pretty bad reviews for waterproofness (like it's not even slightly).
Anyone tried this one:-
Altura Icon Rocket

On sale for £30 in a few places

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
I have an MT500 2 waterproof jacket which I bought in March 2022. Its been worn about 20 times and the seam sealant tape is peeling away in multiple places.

I emailed Endura asking for details of their repair service and received a reply referring to my “Speedo” product and asking for a receipt/invoice. I replied, but as I no longer have the receipt they say they cant “offer any resolution”

Im a tad disappointed as its bad enough having a relatively expensive garment fall apart literally at the seams but I wasnt asking for a refund or exchange – I just wanted them to repair the jacket and was prepared to pay for the service.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Check out that Sports Pursuit. Lot of top brands for cut down prices including Endura. Few makes I don't know though. I've got four of everything so can't justify buying anything but I would use them. Get a email with offers every day.

DieBoy

Jul 14, 2023
EU
I've a Northwave Easy Out (picked up on offer for 100€) which I've been extremely happy with since late Autum. I'll be putting it away sadly probably the end of this month, depending on temperatures.

For the rest of the year I've a Platzangst DFL Evo which is nice though gets warm quickly - I wish it had ventilation slits like the Northwave.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I have an MT500 2 waterproof jacket which I bought in March 2022. Its been worn about 20 times and the seam sealant tape is peeling away in multiple places.

I emailed Endura asking for details of their repair service and received a reply referring to my “Speedo” product and asking for a receipt/invoice. I replied, but as I no longer have the receipt they say they cant “offer any resolution”

Im a tad disappointed as its bad enough having a relatively expensive garment fall apart literally at the seams but I wasnt asking for a refund or exchange – I just wanted them to repair the jacket and was prepared to pay for the service.
That seems more than a little shoddy in terms of customer service ..sorry to hear it as I'm a fan of their clothing ..
I can however point you in the direction of a company who can re-tape your jacket ( I've had great recent service on a couple of rips on a North Face jacket & a replacement zip on an MT 500)
Good luck 👍🏻

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
I read about this problem before and was hoping that Endura managed to get it fixed in productions.

If you bought online you might have a receipt in your shop account or mails? Besides this there is a lable in the jacket (edit; or earlier on the paper labels) with month and year of production, what likely will not help in your case. Even mine, that I bought Feb 2024, is produced in 2022.

Could the peeling off of the tape be related to washing?

Last edited:

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
@thehodge - thanks chum. I have always rated Endura stuff very highly and Ive had loads of it over the years without any problems. But their response is pretty poor and not what I expected.

@Arminius - Ive read about questionable quality control recently. I have been careful when washing and stuck to a short wash at low temperature using either Nikwax or ordinary detergent. But oddly it was only after it was washed this week that I noticed the tape peeling off and its not just localised - its every seam.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
@thehodge - thanks chum. I have always rated Endura stuff very highly and Ive had loads of it over the years without any problems. But their response is pretty poor and not what I expected.

@Arminius - Ive read about questionable quality control recently. I have been careful when washing and stuck to a short wash at low temperature using either Nikwax or ordinary detergent. But oddly it was only after it was washed this week that I noticed the tape peeling off and its not just localised - its every seam.
My understanding is that this is not only a problem of Endura but in general of these tapes. Self repair is said to be possible by textile glue or urethan glue as long as these tapes are not loose all over.

Hopefully you can get it fixed soon.👍

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
My understanding is that this is not only a problem of Endura but in general of these tapes. Self repair is said to be possible by textile glue or urethan glue as long as these tapes are not loose all over.

Hopefully you can get it fixed soon.👍
Tape coming off my Arterex only got it 2005 . I started using my old hillwalking jackets this winter on the bike as they are more windproof. Keeping my 1986 Berghaus for emergencies the thickness of that compared to the new Nordona is massive. Throw nothing away lads . 😄

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles