Issue with 2019 Turbo Levo

dan_ep82

Nov 2, 2019
East Sussex
Hey I've got a issue with my Turbo Levo, the bike is only a week old but twice this week its taken me like 5 mins to get it to turn on! i've read threads about a faulty power cable but I can't see that being the problem as the bikes so new ?!

The problem seems to happen once i've been out for a ride, washed the bike and put it on charge next time I go to ride it I struggle to get it to switch on I get a very quick flicker from the top red led on the TCU but it won't power up, after about 5 mins it finally comes on and then once its on I can switch it on and off and it comes back on no problem.

Any ideas? cheers

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No fault code indicates it is getting no power at all and that points to the charger port. Clean the contacts. When you wash the bikes make sure it is dried off and I suggest no putting it straight on charge. If the bike has dampness after washing and you then charge the bike, the heat from the charging process could be causing condensation on the charging port. Leave the bike to air out properly before charging it.

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
Also take a paper towel after washing and get the water out of where you put your finger to open the charge port. Opening with the water in their will get your contacts wet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles