Levo Gen 2 Is the seat post strong enough to hold up the Turbo Levo Comp using a bike stand?

bikechiq

Nov 1, 2020
Littleton
The title pretty much says it all. I have a bike stand and was curious whether the Turbo Levo Comp seat post is strong enough to be used as the grip point on a bike stand like a traditional bike or whether there's another way to put this on a stand?

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
Calvin, from Park Tool, has a video on YouTube that should relieve some of your fears about using a dropper post as the point of contact for a repair stand. I’ve been using it on MY21 full-fat Comp (aluminum) Levo without incident. Following thread in case others have a better idea of where to clamp. Full disclosure I do support the front wheel with a milk crate unless I’m cleaning my front brake rotor.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you do not believe any of that there are alternatives like the Feedback Sports Sprint....Park Tool do a version of the same design.

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
You are fine clamping the dropper post as long as it is at full extension. If you have it dropped at all, hanging it or clamping it by the post/seat will force air past the IFP causing the post to sag.

The better way to do it is clamp it by the portion below the seal of the post if you have it set high enough. If you are not comfortable with either of these you can clamp it by the top tube directly above the shock. I do this when working on the post.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles