Other Cassette strong enough for Levo

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
I've often thought about going 10 speed 11-36. These bikes eat through chains and cassettes. 10 speed is surely much cheaper to run. Cassettes are about half the price of 11 speed and I believe the chain can be replaced at 0.75% on a 10 speed instead of 0.5% on an 11 speed which they get to in no time.

With the default 11 speed it will get up off-road 25% inclines in turbo mode in 3rd gear! I don't think I ever feel like I need that bottom gear!

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
I have been looking at 10 speed, but a 11/42 version ...only issue I have is ill need to get 10speed shifter and rear mech .. and if im going that route... then I might as well go Box9 for ebike... 9 speed with the same range ...

I find I don't need the small jumps between gears on a ebike that you get from 11 ... so the bigger jumps on a 10 or nine with the same range will be perfect ....

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I'm running a 10spd Shimano SLX drivetrain on my Levo with a 11-42t cassette. Longevity seems pretty good all around and atleast it doesn't cost the earth to replace bits.
My only gripe with Sram from my own experience is that the jockey wheels in the derailleur tend to wear out quick and last time I checked, supply is somewhat sketchy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles