Bike/Repair Stand - Turbo Levo FSR?

nbaczek

May 3, 2018
What is everyone using for a bike/repair stand for there Turbo Levo FSR's? Can you support the heavy weight from a dropper post or do you have a stand that holds the frame. These are heavy bikes and I am wondering what people are using. I need to get one soon.

Thanks,
Nate

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I use the Aldi one on my Vitus and it works fine, though i have it unextended (i.e at its lowest height setting) you need to grip the top tube though, with the weight of an e-bike i wouldn't risk clamping the internal part of the dropper post

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I also just have a cheapo Halfords one at it seems fine so far for basic stuff, cleaning etc.

If I had to buy a proper one I’d get the Park Tools stand. They look nice and strong.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The cheapest stand on test costs ten times what I paid for my eBay special and that's had the bike hanging from it for weeks on end.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Sorry, wasn't having a go at you for posting, more the mag for not including sensibly priced options.

Camtt12

Jun 3, 2018
South Wales
Hi, I use a Thule adjustable bike rack bar, it’s a bar I bought to allow me to secure my levo on my bike rack. Attached to the headset and the seat post it creates a top tube to clamp.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Hi, I use a Thule adjustable bike rack bar, it’s a bar I bought to allow me to secure my levo on my bike rack. Attached to the headset and the seat post it creates a top tube to clamp.
That is a great idea!

JimD

Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas
What a great question!
I wish I had done more research before purchasing my PCS-10. Not knocking the prduct, it would be great for most regular bikes. For an XL Turbo Levo, I would spend a little bit more for something slightly more rigid. It will work in a pinch but I don't feel it was designed with an XL emtb bike & XL user in mind.
I take full responsibility for not immediately returning it and ordering a shop quality stand.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi Camtt12,

Could you post a couple of photos with the bike connected to it?

Timbo

Aug 31, 2018
France
I’m slightly worried about clamping the comp carbon frame ? How are you clamping and where ?
Park Tools PCS10, really solid stand.
20181101_143357_016.jpg

RickW

Oct 2, 2018
UK

Can I ask what bike rack? Reason I ask is I have the Thule EasyFold - can just about get 2 x 2019 Levo's to work but adjustable rack idea looks good

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
Park Tools PCS10, really solid stand. View attachment 7083

I would never clamb my expensive carbon frame in the stand like this.
The clamb force on the top tube is not good for the carbon tubes, it is easy to crush your TT. Maybe on Levo they are quite solid but if you take a road bike you can feel the flex of the tubes when you compress the top tube.
And the extra weight of the levo can work like a leverage on the clamb and may cause damage to the frame.
I always clamb my bike on the seat post no where else.
The same counts for a rack on the back of the car, special during holdiay season you see sow many bikes clambed on the frame, riding 120-140km/h, bike starts fibrating for hours and suddenly your frame is damaged.
Be carefull with this!!

RickW

Oct 2, 2018
UK
given the above has anyone used the Park Tools stands for the 2019 Levos? Also same for the Easyfold 2 Thule car carrier?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles