Is Off Road navigation any good with the Kiox 300?

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I've downloaded a GPX file to my phone and opened it with the Bosch Flow app but I'm wondering how easy the navigation is to follow when in a singletrack/offroad/natural/wooded environment as the Navigation display on the Kiox 300 is pretty basic and doesn't give you any reference points to look at (like a map). I can imiagine it would be pretty easy to get lost (off the planned route) if you only have a simple turn-by-turn arrow to go by?

The Ride screen on the Bosch Flow app gives a much better view with a map but i don't want o have to mount my phone to the handlebars.

Bosch-eBike-Group-Kiox300-eMTB-SmartphoneGrip-Navigation-BES3-MY2023-EN.jpg

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
It's absolutely terrible and I missed the turns on off road trails multiple times and had to resort to using my phone.
Don't bother.
🤣 I figured that would be the case, shame it doesn't display Google maps or something. My phone is like 4 years old so the battery doesn't last long while using it as navigation.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
🤣 I figured that would be the case, shame it doesn't display Google maps or something. My phone is like 4 years old so the battery doesn't last long while using it as navigation.
The voice directions on komoot/trail forks were good enough that I could turn the screen off and just listen to them. Would stop now and again to check the screen but found them surprisingly good.
If you disable WiFi, data, network and just have GPS on that really helps the battery as well. Gpx maps stored offline.

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
I bought the Bosch smart grip for pretty much the same reasons and it’s the best thing I’ve bought for my bike shows everything up on the phone screen stats as well as a brilliant map and the huge plus side is that it charges ur phone on the go

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
I bought the Bosch smart grip for pretty much the same reasons and it’s the best thing I’ve bought for my bike shows everything up on the phone screen stats as well as a brilliant map and the huge plus side is that it charges ur phone on the go
I don't even really like having the Kiox 300 screen on my bike so I can't see me putting my phone on it but I guess that's Bosch's solution to not having maps on the Kiox. I don't fancy my phone's chances of survival if I bin it on a jump or something.

Out of interest where does it plug into the bike? Does it replace the Kiox display?

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
I don't even really like having the Kiox 300 screen on my bike so I can't see me putting my phone on it but I guess that's Bosch's solution to not having maps on the Kiox. I don't fancy my phone's chances of survival if I bin it on a jump or something.

Out of interest where does it plug into the bike? Does it replace the Kiox display?
Yes it just clicks in the same way the as the kiox

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles