Komoot navigation on Kiox 300 pauses on cafe stop

TheColonel

Jun 4, 2023
Preston
The latest upgrade to navigation on the kiox 300 works great for me with an Android connection while riding.
However, sometimes after a cafe stop it appears to have lost the route on the Kiox 300, asking for a new navigation route?
The phone shows the route "Paused" but there does not appear to be an "Unpause" button/option??
The phone does still continue to track your progress, but the route doesn't appear on the Kiox 300 screen.
At the end of the ride it saves your route to the phone and your pc.

It doesn't always do this, but the length of time the bike has been stationary doesn't appear to have a bearing on it.
Plus the bike has usually been close to where I was seated.

Any advice appreciated.

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
The latest upgrade to navigation on the kiox 300 works great for me with an Android connection while riding.
However, sometimes after a cafe stop it appears to have lost the route on the Kiox 300, asking for a new navigation route?
The phone shows the route "Paused" but there does not appear to be an "Unpause" button/option??
The phone does still continue to track your progress, but the route doesn't appear on the Kiox 300 screen.
At the end of the ride it saves your route to the phone and your pc.

It doesn't always do this, but the length of time the bike has been stationary doesn't appear to have a bearing on it.
Plus the bike has usually been close to where I was seated.

Any advice appreciated.
What's a cafe stop?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It probably assumes end of ride when the bike switches off..............even if you do not switch the bike off it will auto shutdown after a bout 10 minutes.

TheColonel

Jun 4, 2023
Preston
It probably assumes end of ride when the bike switches off..............even if you do not switch the bike off it will auto shutdown after a bout 10 minutes.
Perhaps I did not make myself clear. Once you switch back on and start riding again sometimes it restarts from where you stopped, seamlessly recording and showing your navigation route again. Other times it just says looking for a new navigation input. Meanwhile, my phone shows the route but has a button marked PAUSED. Again no navigation, but it retains your position on the map and still records the whole ride. Not sure if it would help, but I can find no way of un pausing the phone. I just assume it should un pause once it detects movement and continue showing the downloaded navigation route.
Has nobody else experienced this issue?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Perhaps I did not make myself clear. Once you switch back on and start riding again sometimes it restarts from where you stopped, seamlessly recording and showing your navigation route again. Other times it just says looking for a new navigation input. Meanwhile, my phone shows the route but has a button marked PAUSED. Again no navigation, but it retains your position on the map and still records the whole ride. Not sure if it would help, but I can find no way of un pausing the phone. I just assume it should un pause once it detects movement and continue showing the downloaded navigation route.
Has nobody else experienced this issue?
maybe check the auto trip reset on the Flow App ( under Ebike settings). Another possibility is where the route you have set originated. For example was it a Komoot planned route?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles