Intense Tazer coming soon?

knut7

Apr 10, 2018
Norway
About an hour ago Jeff Steber published two photos on instagram. One of the top half of the bike, and one of the bottom. He encouraged us to splice the photos. 2 piece puzzels are my favourite, so I got to work. He had been a bit evil and altered the scale of one of the halves. Also a bit of the rubber and wooden background was lost. Here's the end result.

tazer_snap-jpg.5068

knut7

Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Yeah, I'm thinking 150mm as well. The downtube looks like a variation of the Pivot Shuttle. I'm thinking there's a Shimano battery for external mounting (BT8010) hidden inside there.

Gary

Mar 29, 2018
banished
Haha @knut7 kinda wish they had. That seat angle and the price sorted the ownership into a class of its own.. You basically had to ride them like a FS BMX and ride everything standing up, either sprinting, pumping, manualling or jumping or they just didn't work. You litteraly never ever saw an OG Tazer ridden by a shit rider.
Sort of the opposite concept to Emtb :eek:

*runs*

knut7

Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The production model may very well have different wheels/tyres, this bike has got a DT Swiss rear rim and possibly carbon-something up front. Production model will have different rims, or even wheels. Slightly smaller/narrower tyres, and losing them fenders will make it look less chunky. Chances are they'll clean up that battery lid on the down tube as well.

Looking for details in photos and coming up with random assumptions is fun :)

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
That downtube is kinda fugly! VPP backend, 150mm travel?
Looks like the fat ugly cousin.... I'm a little disappointed in the aesthetics, I like Intenses for the most part. Probably rides great tho
Personally I like it, looks better resolved than the new Levo certainly, especially in the BB area. Ultimately until energy density in the battery is improved inelegant downtubes are here to stay; there is only so many ways you can integrate 500Wh of power source into a frame.

Sep 15, 2018
Temecula, ca
Ride
All Intense
You guys where crafty enough over here to splice those pics so heres's a little more info on the Tazer , staggered wheels 29x 2.5" front on 30mm rim , 27.5 x2.8 rear on 35mm rim , 155mm rear . 160mm front travel , easily removable 504w battery integrated into DT. I found I liked doing longer adventure style rides so made it easy to cary spare battery in camelback to switch out on trail and double millage. Really aggressive geo with battery weight positioned low and underside of DT for best CG and handling .Will retail Intense Rider Direct and at authorized Intense dealers in $7500.00 range pro spec with FOX Kashima suspension.The Tazer is a lot like a Carbine 29 with e assist.The suspension Kinematics have been tailored for the 45 lbs to give the bike a lively feel on the trail. Also a Murdered out Black grey color way .Stay tuned

knut7

Apr 10, 2018
Norway
You guys where crafty enough over here to splice those pics so heres's a little more info
Thanks. May I ask why you decided on that wheel/tyre combo? Wouldn't a 29x2.5-2.6 rear provide about the same traction?

Happy to see a bit more travel than on the Pivot. It appears you are integrating the Shimano BT8010 battery, correct? Is it bolted to the lid?

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
Ride
None yet!
You guys where crafty enough over here to splice those pics so heres's a little more info on the Tazer , staggered wheels 29x 2.5" front on 30mm rim , 27.5 x2.8 rear on 35mm rim , 155mm rear . 160mm front travel , easily removable 504w battery integrated into DT. I found I liked doing longer adventure style rides so made it easy to cary spare battery in camelback to switch out on trail and double millage. Really aggressive geo with battery weight positioned low and underside of DT for best CG and handling .Will retail Intense Rider Direct and at authorized Intense dealers in $7500.00 range pro spec with FOX Kashima suspension.The Tazer is a lot like a Carbine 29 with e assist.The suspension Kinematics have been tailored for the 45 lbs to give the bike a lively feel on the trail. Also a Murdered out Black grey color way .Stay tuned

Thanks for posting and more importantly for actually giving some details!

Sounds pretty great overall and I love that there is room for a water bottle in front triangle.

Will a 29" wheel fit in the rear? My mind isn't completely made up on plus setups but I've found that the width hampers line choice sometimes as I can't thread the bike through rocks in the same manner as a normal wheel.

Can you post geometry table?

R120

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Murdered out E-Carbine would be one hell of a bike

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending