Intense Tazer coming soon?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Thanks for the reply. Still interested.

Would something like a 2.5WT Maxxis DHF be to small of a diameter and thus maybe lowering BB too much? For my riding areas and speed I find I need a more robust casing (DD or DH) and cushcore in the rear. Looking to see what kind of tire options there are in 27.5+ and there isn't much for DH or double down type stuff. I see WTB has 2.6" options in TCS tough which is a good casing. 2.6" wide enough for proper diameter and intended geometry?

If you want a tough, sticky tyre that won’t let you down try a 275 Magic Mary DH Ultrasoft 2.6. I ran mine with 27psi in the rear. I weigh 73kgs all kitted up so depending on what you weigh you may need more or less. It is a heavy tyre but I have never had a pinch or puncture and believe me I have been through a number of serious rock gardens and have always come out the other side unscathed.

I am currently running a 2.8 Eddy Current with a Super Gravity casing on the rear and this is possibly another option for you? I have only been on two rides so too early to comment apart from it appears to handle the rock gardens pretty well too with 27psi.

Hope this helps

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Thanks for all the info @MR-Intense its really nice to hear the thinking and development that went into the design (particularly elements that make me think ‘2005 bighit).

Im looking forward to seeing this in the metal, I ran into the UK importer riding a primer on the trails other week and spent 10mins telling him how awesome ebikes are, super friendly guy and happy to sort out demos @Rob Hancill

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Looking forward to 1.oct! @MR-Intense, I would really appreciate it if JBS/Norway is among the first to get it. I like beeing one of the first to review stuff :)

Last edited:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Thanks for joining the party @MR-Intense Jeff, boutique brands like Intense and Pivot getting on board with Emtbs, gives us more credibility with acoustic riders that would be otherwise calling us cheaters and other colorful names. How’s access been inland, out here in Orange County we are being aggressively ticketed.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
if you keep calling them acoustic riders you're gaining no credibility with me. :p

Hans calls them regular bikes... "regular" is a bit too 'mercan for a Scot like me but it still works better than guitar analogies ;)

Last edited:

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Thanks for joining the party @MR-Intense Jeff, boutique brands like Intense and Pivot getting on board with Emtbs, gives us more credibility with acoustic riders that would be otherwise calling us cheaters and other colorful names.
Not on Pinkbike it doesn't! The hatred in the comments section of every ebike article they post is vicious/hilarious depending on your point of view; quite a few US posters are stating they will not buy from any manufacturer with an ebike in their range. On that basis they are not going to have many brands to choose from in a few years time! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Grown men getting angry on their electronic devices about electric pushbikes?
it's hilarious from my point of view.

Reactions: Dax

HeatproofGenie

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
Not on Pinkbike it doesn't! The hatred in the comments section of every ebike article they post is vicious/hilarious depending on your point of view; quite a few US posters are stating they will not buy from any manufacturer with an ebike in their range. On that basis they are not going to have many brands to choose from in a few years time! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah it's pretty hilarious. Mostly it's from people who haven't tried emtbs and are just being ignorant. There is some legitimate reasons to be afraid due to trail access issues. However I've found that just like in all things in life most people are good and there are a few assholes. Here in Colorado a major open space county is allowing ebikes on a trial basis and as far as I've heard there haven't been issues. I've demoed 3 different ebikes and only been called a cheater once ;).

The other funny thing about the Pinkbike hate is how many riders of that population ride via lift served access or shuttle with vehicles. Charging an ebike and then using it to assist getting a few more runs is way more eco conscious than the other alternatives. That's why I want one. I race masters enduro nationally but have limited time and two kids. Emtb will let me train way more effectively using it as a dh training tool a couple days a week.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I wasn’t talking about the shit show that is Pinkbike. Vital also is pretty anti Ebike, so I haven’t been going to those sites for a long time.
I was talking about riders on the trail, the attitude is starting mellow out toward Ebikes. Most of these riders in my area ride Santa Cruz, Pivots, Intense and Yetis. When they see a Pivot Shuttle, it makes it okay to change their mind about Ebikes.
Some riders are still going to hate.
I have had better interactions with traditional riders when I don’t fly past them on a climb.
A lot of Emtb riders seem to take pride in blowing by riders on a climb, which is to me is pretty arrogant.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Pic from Vital mtb

s1600_2018_09_29_PHOTO_00003512.jpg

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I wasn’t talking about the shit show that is Pinkbike. Vital also is pretty anti Ebike, so I haven’t been going to those sites for a long time.
I was talking about riders on the trail, the attitude is starting mellow out toward Ebikes. Most of these riders in my area ride Santa Cruz, Pivots, Intense and Yetis. When they see a Pivot Shuttle, it makes it okay to change their mind about Ebikes.
Some riders are still going to hate.
I have had better interactions with traditional riders when I don’t fly past them on a climb.
A lot of Emtb riders seem to take pride in blowing by riders on a climb, which is to me is pretty arrogant.

I don't intentionally blow by them but on steep climbs you're always going to be going a fair bit quicker so I just say "don't mind me, I'm cheating" which I hope takes any sting out of it and also pre-empts any haters. Seems to work as the only comments I've had have been along the lines of "that looks fun", "I need one of those" etc. Or maybe I haven't just met any haters, dunno.

The only negativity I've had was from a guy demoing a Levo who said it wasn't a real bike, preferred his DH bike, built all the trails in the area etc, etc. Po faced muppet.

The Tazer looks great BTW

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I don't intentionally blow by them but on steep climbs you're always going to be going a fair bit quicker so I just say "don't mind me, I'm cheating" which I hope takes any sting out of it and also pre-empts any haters. Seems to work as the only comments I've had have been along the lines of "that looks fun", "I need one of those" etc. Or maybe I haven't just met any haters, dunno.
Works for me too.

When we pulled up at Dowies yesterday there was a bunch of eBikers already there. My shout of "Cheating bastards!" was met with looks of indignation until they realised we were all on eBikes too. When our paths crossed again a bit later they got in there first with the "Cheating bastards!" cry to much amusement from all and sundry.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Works for me too.

When we pulled up at Dowies yesterday there was a bunch of eBikers already there. My shout of "Cheating bastards!" was met with looks of indignation until they realised we were all on eBikes too. When our paths crossed again a bit later they got in there first with the "Cheating bastards!" cry to much amusement from all and sundry.
And a great time was had by all of us cheating bastards! Great guiding Dom ????

Reactions: Dax

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The M looks to be bang on for me, now where’s that damn lotto win? ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Gotta say I was actually surprised Spesh thought of putting downtube stash boxes on their frames before Intense... Actually... Intense probably did "think" about it first... but... y'know...
:drag:

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
So I’ve ridden the trails this bike was developed on and I’m sure it’s going to go after a different market than my self, a 200mm Kenevo owner. Expect it to be snappy and turn better. Funny thing, this trail has signs that say no motor bikes. They are not official but wonder how long they will stay. Note my starting position and the address, this was a short lunch ride that was highly technical.

A545BE50-4AC8-429D-89E5-8ACD58F75F01.png

B996A28E-2AD4-44CE-BB55-6D9B2EE10DAA.png

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Anyone have any idea if that geometry chart is accurate? Just watched the EMBN show on youtube and Ollie Morris the Intense UK team manager had the demo bike out at a trail centre somewhere and was going on about it being really low. 13.9" isn't really low. Not for a 155/160mm travel bike anyway.

looks a bit nicer in the vid

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Anyone have any idea if that geometry chart is accurate? Just watched the EMBN show on youtube and Ollie Morris the Intense UK team manager had the demo bike out at a trail centre somewhere and was going on about it being really low. 13.9" isn't really low. Not for a 155/160mm travel bike anyway.

looks a bit nicer in the vid
Just watched the rest of the video.

That slab climb was amazing and exactly what I am currently into ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks Gary, I will have a look at that later on
Subscribe to the channel
It can be a bit beginner orientated/clickbaity and I rarely agree with Jonesy's opinions but it's a very well presented channel. Blake and Chris are worth watching for their riding. Doddy and Neil for their geekery. Steve and the girls not so much.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Subscribe to the channel
It can be a bit beginner orientated/clickbaity and I rarely agree with Jonesy's opinions but it's a very well presented channel. Blake and Chris are worth watching for their riding. Doddy and Neil for their geekery. Steve and the girls not so much.
I am already subscribed so not sure why I have missed these...
Need to check my YouTube alerts ?

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
It looks like the chart further up this page had an error in it - the chart on the Intense site now says it is 347mm, or 13.65". That's within 0.5mm of the new Levo. The Tracer (on which I presume the Tazer is based) is lower again at 343mm.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. Better but still not actually low at all though.
I should know better than to be interested in bike ind folk raving about traits the bikes they sell (don't actually) have by now

Thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles