Intense Tazer coming soon?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
About an hour ago Jeff Steber published two photos on instagram. One of the top half of the bike, and one of the bottom. He encouraged us to splice the photos. 2 piece puzzels are my favourite, so I got to work. He had been a bit evil and altered the scale of one of the halves. Also a bit of the rubber and wooden background was lost. Here's the end result.

tazer_snap.jpg

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Yeah, I'm thinking 150mm as well. The downtube looks like a variation of the Pivot Shuttle. I'm thinking there's a Shimano battery for external mounting (BT8010) hidden inside there.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Haha @knut7 kinda wish they had. That seat angle and the price sorted the ownership into a class of its own.. You basically had to ride them like a FS BMX and ride everything standing up, either sprinting, pumping, manualling or jumping or they just didn't work. You litteraly never ever saw an OG Tazer ridden by a shit rider.
Sort of the opposite concept to Emtb :eek:

*runs*

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The production model may very well have different wheels/tyres, this bike has got a DT Swiss rear rim and possibly carbon-something up front. Production model will have different rims, or even wheels. Slightly smaller/narrower tyres, and losing them fenders will make it look less chunky. Chances are they'll clean up that battery lid on the down tube as well.

Looking for details in photos and coming up with random assumptions is fun :)

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
That downtube is kinda fugly! VPP backend, 150mm travel?
Looks like the fat ugly cousin.... I'm a little disappointed in the aesthetics, I like Intenses for the most part. Probably rides great tho
Personally I like it, looks better resolved than the new Levo certainly, especially in the BB area. Ultimately until energy density in the battery is improved inelegant downtubes are here to stay; there is only so many ways you can integrate 500Wh of power source into a frame.

MR-Intense

Sep 15, 2018
Temecula, ca
You guys where crafty enough over here to splice those pics so heres's a little more info on the Tazer , staggered wheels 29x 2.5" front on 30mm rim , 27.5 x2.8 rear on 35mm rim , 155mm rear . 160mm front travel , easily removable 504w battery integrated into DT. I found I liked doing longer adventure style rides so made it easy to cary spare battery in camelback to switch out on trail and double millage. Really aggressive geo with battery weight positioned low and underside of DT for best CG and handling .Will retail Intense Rider Direct and at authorized Intense dealers in $7500.00 range pro spec with FOX Kashima suspension.The Tazer is a lot like a Carbine 29 with e assist.The suspension Kinematics have been tailored for the 45 lbs to give the bike a lively feel on the trail. Also a Murdered out Black grey color way .Stay tuned

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
You guys where crafty enough over here to splice those pics so heres's a little more info

Thanks. May I ask why you decided on that wheel/tyre combo? Wouldn't a 29x2.5-2.6 rear provide about the same traction?

Happy to see a bit more travel than on the Pivot. It appears you are integrating the Shimano BT8010 battery, correct? Is it bolted to the lid?

HeatproofGenie

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
You guys where crafty enough over here to splice those pics so heres's a little more info on the Tazer , staggered wheels 29x 2.5" front on 30mm rim , 27.5 x2.8 rear on 35mm rim , 155mm rear . 160mm front travel , easily removable 504w battery integrated into DT. I found I liked doing longer adventure style rides so made it easy to cary spare battery in camelback to switch out on trail and double millage. Really aggressive geo with battery weight positioned low and underside of DT for best CG and handling .Will retail Intense Rider Direct and at authorized Intense dealers in $7500.00 range pro spec with FOX Kashima suspension.The Tazer is a lot like a Carbine 29 with e assist.The suspension Kinematics have been tailored for the 45 lbs to give the bike a lively feel on the trail. Also a Murdered out Black grey color way .Stay tuned

Thanks for posting and more importantly for actually giving some details!

Sounds pretty great overall and I love that there is room for a water bottle in front triangle.

Will a 29" wheel fit in the rear? My mind isn't completely made up on plus setups but I've found that the width hampers line choice sometimes as I can't thread the bike through rocks in the same manner as a normal wheel.

Can you post geometry table?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

Murdered out E-Carbine would be one hell of a bike

MR-Intense

Sep 15, 2018
Temecula, ca
Thanks. May I ask why you decided on that wheel/tyre combo? Wouldn't a 29x2.5-2.6 rear provide about the same traction?

Happy to see a bit more travel than on the Pivot. It appears you are integrating the Shimano BT8010 battery, correct? Is it bolted to the lid?

Started prototyping with plus tires front and rear , really like plus in the rear , found that I climbed seated mostly and on the steep tech stuff the plus just hooked up so good out back . The plus always felt floaty and vague up front , tended to pinball off rocks etc , tried a 29 X 2.5 that I borrowed from one of the M29 team bikes and what a difference in steering precision / tracking, found I could actually weight the front wheel more in turns and it just hooked up great so decision made , the whole R&D team agreed.The extra weight , low bb / cg and getting the battery low and basically on underside of DT also helped handling. We use the Shimano E8000 removable battery that uses their stock lock key mount inside the DT access is super quick and easy through side door that has a simple latch system , takes a few seconds and no tools to switch out battery on the trail and still has a nice integrated look. You can change battery in or out of the bike. We like doing some longer "dual sport ' style rides carrying extra batteries in camelback. Designed suspension with bit more spring energy to make it feel lively and easy to pop off the ground , it jumps really well and stable.

hgray

Sep 24, 2018
SoCal USA
I hear it's coming out soon (according to your rep). I live close by the Intense HQ - any chance I can get a quick peek to see if I should wait or pull the trigger on the Spez Levo? Thanks.
Started prototyping with plus tires front and rear , really like plus in the rear , found that I climbed seated mostly and on the steep tech stuff the plus just hooked up so good out back . The plus always felt floaty and vague up front , tended to pinball off rocks etc , tried a 29 X 2.5 that I borrowed from one of the M29 team bikes and what a difference in steering precision / tracking, found I could actually weight the front wheel more in turns and it just hooked up great so decision made , the whole R&D team agreed.The extra weight , low bb / cg and getting the battery low and basically on underside of DT also helped handling. We use the Shimano E8000 removable battery that uses their stock lock key mount inside the DT access is super quick and easy through side door that has a simple latch system , takes a few seconds and no tools to switch out battery on the trail and still has a nice integrated look. You can change battery in or out of the bike. We like doing some longer "dual sport ' style rides carrying extra batteries in camelback. Designed suspension with bit more spring energy to make it feel lively and easy to pop off the ground , it jumps really well and stable.

MR-Intense

Sep 15, 2018
Temecula, ca
I hear it's coming out soon (according to your rep). I live close by the Intense HQ - any chance I can get a quick peek to see if I should wait or pull the trigger on the Spez Levo? Thanks.
No Worries,You can come HQ in Temecula and arrange a demo, be checking our website Oct 1 for more official info

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Be checking our website Oct 1 for more official info ...............
Hopefully there'll be a bike in Norway very soon too! Eager to test ride it and compare it to the Pivot Shuttle. Btw, is the hashtag #noshuttlerequired in any way a poke at Pivot? :)

MR-Intense

Sep 15, 2018
Temecula, ca
Hopefully there'll be a bike in Norway very soon too! Eager to test ride it and compare it to the Pivot Shuttle. Btw, is the hashtag #noshuttlerequired in any way a poke at Pivot? :)

No we don't play that way , just means you don't need to shuttle !! might need to reconsider that hash tag ...............

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Are you going to be using the new e7000 handlebar remote? If not please think about doing so, allows you to rock whatever dropper remote you want and get decent placement of the other controls! A lot of us on here with the shimano system have changed the stock E8000 controller to the E6000 controller in order to do this, but its meant for a city bike and the build quality reflects this - the new E7000 looks like just the ticket for a sorted cockpit.

SW-E7000-L

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5lbXRiLW5ld3MuZGUvdjMvMC8xMy8xMzA5NC0wZ2JwM29qeWo3NWwtYmVyZ2Ftb250ZV9iaW...jpg

Bergamont-E-Contrail-E-Trailstar-6-810x540.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

Reactions: Dax

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
No we don't play that way , just means you don't need to shuttle !! might need to reconsider that hash tag ...............
I just assumed you guys know eachother and thought you might be having a bit of fun. I think the hastag is fine, just had to ask if it was some sort of inside joke.

MR-Intense

Sep 15, 2018
Temecula, ca
Are you going to be using the new e7000 handlebar remote? If not please think about doing so, allows you to rock whatever dropper remote you want and get decent placement of the other controls! A lot of us on here with the shimano system have changed the stock E8000 controller to the E6000 controller in order to do this, but its meant for a city bike and the build quality reflects this - the new E7000 looks like just the ticket for a sorted cockpit.

SW-E7000-L

View attachment 5515

View attachment 5516

View attachment 5517
Thats the one we like too !!

HeatproofGenie

Jul 23, 2018
CO, USA
29" rear will not fit , clearance is too tight.
Thanks for the reply. Still interested.

Would something like a 2.5WT Maxxis DHF be to small of a diameter and thus maybe lowering BB too much? For my riding areas and speed I find I need a more robust casing (DD or DH) and cushcore in the rear. Looking to see what kind of tire options there are in 27.5+ and there isn't much for DH or double down type stuff. I see WTB has 2.6" options in TCS tough which is a good casing. 2.6" wide enough for proper diameter and intended geometry?

hgray

Sep 24, 2018
SoCal USA
No Worries,You can come HQ in Temecula and arrange a demo, be checking our website Oct 1 for more official info
I stopped by today but unfortunately there was no bike to look at yet. I left my info - hopefully your staff will call me when it's available to see/ demo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles