I'm Back

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
Hello all,
When I first got my Haibike I was a very keen member of the forum but life generally gets in the way and I let visits slip to the point that I just used to watch the occasional video of Rob's on YouTube.
On my days of which rotate through the week I usually have my son over (I'm seperated from my wife) and he normally wants to play on the computer over here as it's better than his laptop for playing the dreaded Fortnite. i am also a keen model builder so have tended to do a lot of that while he is over.
I just went on the occasional ride but that was usually just a round trip over to Swinley. Adam, my son, sometimes came along but used to complain the it was unfair that I had motor and he was on my old clockwork Specialized Rockhopper Comp.
Then came Covid-19 as a delivery driver for John Lewis I was classed as a key worker and carried on but with the difference that we were by ourselves in the truck instead of a two man crew and goods were left on the doorstep instead of taking them into the house where the customer wanted them.
This made our job very easy and I seemed to put on a bit of weight and as I am already a bit over weight thought I would get out on the bike more.
At this point I realised I had missed it and thought how I could get Adam to come along as well.
The soloution? Another eMTB so Adam can ride my old Haibike. I tried getting one of Decathlons Stylus but they never seemed to have a Medium/large in stock and to be honest I was a bit worried about getting the right size. Other direct sales bikes were considered but rejected as for the same reasons
So to cut a long story short today I picked up a Red 2020 Turbo Levo from Berkshire Cycles. I know the 2021 models are due out soon but can live with last years model. It is just the base model as they didn't have any Comp models in stock, the Comp was at the top of what I was prepared to pay so the base one it was.
I was hoping to get out on it this afternoon but the weather has put paid to that as neither of us have any waterproofs. So a quick test ride round the car park behind Berkshire Cycles is a far as I have ridden it.
We do have a trip to B1ke Park at Tidworth booked for Wednesday and I plan on going over Swinners one day this week and possibly a trip to QECP.
Glad to see the forum has grown so much.
Sorry about rambling on.
Best wishes to you all, Mark
I was hoping to get out

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles