I'm in love!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Just seen these, always wanted flats but never liked the clipped options, these, however, look like a game changer (for me anyway...)

I think these pedals will be like "marmite" - what do you think?

EDIT: forgot to say, about £90, depending on option and exchange rate....

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Thats quite interesting, i would use them on my hardtail and road bike. Still Think flats are safer riding enduro and downhill though.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Should have some similar magnets from speaker drive units at work. Add some knackered trainers, a bit of steel plate and some adhesive and bob's your mothers brother :)

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I don’t know what marmite is
This is marmite and it's horrid but some folk love it

Screenshot_20180903-090925_Google.jpg

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Leo Kast, a german mtb-videoblogger has tested those and was quite happy with it. One problem was that the magnet is on one side only (on purpose, so you can ride with our without magnet) - but this opened up the problem, that you can't just jump on the bike and pedal - you always have to check which side you "click" in...

Switch on undertitles and translation so you can understand:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
In the video the connection looks stronger than I expected, but I think he says he has the 200nm magnet fitted. Would be interesting to see what the 100nm magnet is like, as I like the idea of just a soft attach cleat.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Just seen these, always wanted flats but never liked the clipped options, these, however, look like a game changer (for me anyway...)

I think these pedals will be like "marmite" - what do you think?

EDIT: forgot to say, about £90, depending on option and exchange rate....

So, I bought them and.... I love them!

I bought some extra strong magnets just in case my foot didn't stick to the pedal (see) but so far I don't think I need them. I've done my local trails and all works well. The 'float' of the magnet is a bit fiddly and I'm still fettling to find the sweet spot. I'll do a proper write up on them in a separate thread.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
@Stumpy

How the pedals holding up?

Really good - I had a pedal strike on the left which bent the frame of the pedal a bit but with no effect to the function etc. I’m very happy with them and would recommend if anyone is looking for flats that allow you to be clipped in (or on)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles