I'm resigning from EMTBing!!

Guy Henderson

Jun 21, 2019
Ireland
I do agree with you on price. I think we are all being collectively being taken for a ride (excuse the pun) on the price increases for all MTB including EMTB's. And yes, I agree and acknowledge all the supply chain issues due to Covid and the increased demand as everyone has once again discovered the outdoors.

However even with those demand and supply factors at play, can we really say that €8k-€12k (which is not uncommon these days) is really value for money? You only have to look at a video Rob made 3 years ago on the Vitus E-Sommet VR for £3,600 which was one of the best in class at the time to realise just how out of control price has got. Yes, the bikes today are undoubtedly better than that Vitus, but if it were on sale today, I'd buy 2 of them for the price of something similarly spec'ed

Rant over ............. and yes after all that, I'll probably still buy a new EMTB in the next 12 months, coz once you're hooked you're hooked and the bike manufacturers know it!!

Last edited:

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I do agree with you on price. I think we are all being collectively being taken for a ride (excuse the pun) on the price increases for all MTB including EMTB's. And yes, I agree and acknowledge all the supply chain issues due to Covid and the increased demand as everyone has once again discovered the outdoors.

However even with those demand and supply factors at play, can we really say that €8k-€12k (which is not uncommon these days) is really value for money? You only have to look at a video Rob made 3 years ago on the Vitus E-Sommet VR for £3,600 which was one of the best in class at the time to realise just how out of control price has got. Yes, the bikes today are undoubtedly better than that Vitus, but if it were on sale today, I'd buy 2 of them for the price of something similarly spec'ed

Rant over ............. and yes after all that, I'll probably still buy a new EMTB in the next 12 months, coz once you're hooked you're hooked and the bike manufacturers know it!!
I am with you a bike or Ebike sold over 5,000 Euros is not something i am planning to buy. I am 64, retired and do not waste money.
I am in Quebec, Canada but just to compare here is a link to my new Ebike, 3,500 Euros and with 10 S 11/46 cassette i do not need more.
That Yamaha/Giant is very reliable and very affordable.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
3,500 € fot that bike with that equipment is not a deal…you are paying less because you are buying less

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
3,500 € fot that bike with that equipment is not a deal…you are paying less because you are buying less
From what i read others would like to forget the address of their shop. I never go for motor
battery, electric. Just for chains, tyres. If you are a prince who deserves a rolls royce
this is not my case. Maybe you will read the rider is important, not the logo on some frame.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Ok you are buying a suntour fork.. and other stuffs that are quite cheapy…pay attention to the value of what you are buying and how many time it will last..if you want tell me that you want forget the shop…

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles