I Bought SM-PCE02. SOMEONE INDICATES ME HOW TO USE.

mariociarcia

Aug 19, 2021
venezuela
240104450_1986786194804478_2012096642848203224_n.jpg

I live in Venezuela and there is no Shimano distributor.
my Canyon Spectral-On in the USA and several errors have appeared telling me to go to a service center.
I need to do a Scanner waiting for that message to be deleted

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
You connect this to any of the spare ports on the back of your screen. Then connect the other end to your Windows PC or Laptop. It will work with a Mac of you are using Parallels or something with Windows.

Once connected just open Etube on your desktop and it should connect once you power your bike up.

From there you can update firmware and so on if needed for the different parts. You can also get the message log as a text file I believe - this is where all the error codes are.

It doesn’t really allow you to clear error codes though. I’m also not sure it is the same software as they use at a dealers.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
You connect this to any of the spare ports on the back of your screen. Then connect the other end to your Windows PC or Laptop. It will work with a Mac of you are using Parallels or something with Windows.

Once connected just open Etube on your desktop and it should connect once you power your bike up.

From there you can update firmware and so on if needed for the different parts. You can also get the message log as a text file I believe - this is where all the error codes are.

It doesn’t really allow you to clear error codes though. I’m also not sure it is the same software as they use at a dealers.

AFAIK, this won't work if you have only SD300 ports on your display (newer Shimano display such as the SC-EM800). Then you'll need an SD300 -> SD50 adapter and a short SD300 cable.

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
I’m not sure. I use this device on my Heckler that is E8000 and Heckler MX that’s EP8.

I think the screen ports are regular size, it’s the cable that goes from the screen to the motor that is different.

I know that I only use one standard cable to connect to the screen on each bike.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I’m not sure. I use this device on my Heckler that is E8000 and Heckler MX that’s EP8.

I think the screen ports are regular size, it’s the cable that goes from the screen to the motor that is different.

I know that I only use one standard cable to connect to the screen on each bike.

It's not the drive system - it's the display that determines it. Some Heckler MX's have the E7000 display, which is compatible with SD50 and the SM-PCE02.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles