I’m back on the Specialized wagon baby!

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
It was bound to happen. My lbs is Specialized only but after the 2019 delivery fiasco I‘ve dropped my order and went with a Spectral:ON 9.0 seen here:
Spectral:ON and eBike first ride and impressions - EMTB Forums

This bike was top of the range throughout the year, with XTR all around, Fox Factory, etc.

Today, I went to my lbs to buy either a Levo SL or a regular Levo. Got an amazing deal on a slightly used Turbo Levo Comp (180 miles).

I have a bit of a dilema I’d love your help with. The bike is all black, and I think the Kashima would look sick on it. I also much prefer the feeling of the XTR brakes over the SRAM stuff. So I’m thinking about switching over some equipment between the two bikes. What do you think, am I mad?

I know the Lyrik with the eSpec is also a very capable suspension, but I‘m a sucker for the the kashima bling.

Any help much appreciated!

Edit: went with the Turbo Levo vs the Levo SL for two main reasons:
1. The good deal on the Turbo Levo
2. While my eyes wanted the SL really bad, my legs much prefer the regular levo. I am a casual rider. Can’t ride every week throughout the year so not the fittest rider by any means, so I thin this is a better fit at this stage. A 2nd or 3rd gen SL may be something I will look into again.

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
Hated the Sram brakes on mine, not saying they are bad but if you are used to Shimano's you're much better off making the switch as you will be much more confident on brakes you prefer.

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
Hated the Sram brakes on mine, not saying they are bad but if you are used to Shimano's you're much better off making the switch as you will be much more confident on brakes you prefer.
yeah they feel way too spongy to me. I know it’s something you get used to, but I much prefer the instant grab from Shimano and since I have it around I may as well try it.

Wondering about the suspension and fork though, do they fit?

Last edited:

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
Ugh, was looking at the spec sheets from both bikes, and looks like the rear shock may not be compatible:

Canyon: Fox Float DPS Factory 230x60mm
Specialized: 210x52.5mm

Seeing other Levo models with Fox Float I though it would be compatible, not sure anymore as it appears that all models running the Fox have that 210mm size.

Spectral:ON 9.0
Turbo Levo Comp | Specialized.com

NGreen

Mar 15, 2019
Orange County, California
Can’t say I disagree with a black Levo with the Fox kashima bling.

3916E418-B834-47D3-A45E-D06C151A57EF.jpeg

162019D5-B593-4CFD-911C-9E579A01CE93.jpeg

FD32A7B7-9B89-4CF7-BE94-C1A1BE5B7CDB.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Love it!

If I can’t use the shock that I have I may just have to sell what I have and buy a new one. That’s just awesome. And my eyes already mad at me for not going with the levo SL.
Not sure on the SL but on a standard 2019/20 Levo, you could run a Kenevo rear shock mount and then that shock would give you 172mm travel, match that with a 170mm fork and you’d have a sweet ride.
Just saying

Edit: actually thinking about it the Levo frame is slightly different. I’m borrowing a Levo SL this weekend. Maybe I’ll play around with shock/parts from my Kenevo to see if I can make a Levo Evo

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
Not sure on the SL but on a standard 2019/20 Levo, you could run a Kenevo rear shock mount and then that shock would give you 172mm travel, match that with a 170mm fork and you’d have a sweet ride.
Just saying

Edit: actually thinking about it the Levo frame is slightly different. I’m borrowing a Levo SL this weekend. Maybe I’ll play around with shock/parts from my Kenevo to see if I can make a Levo Evo

I’ll have both bikes around in two weeks, so I can play around, just all a bit intriguing to me. Thank you all for helping out.

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
The upgrade to a 160mm fork is justified IMO. No reason it shouldn’t be Kashima. I “upgraded” to Saints from the Code RSCs. Best swap so far for me as I’m also a Shimano brake guy. Kashima does look nice.

B4C2E68A-7A7A-4FC1-AB20-540731E6694B.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles