Levo Gen 2 Maxxis Dissector 2.6 on the back

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Anyone try or running a Maxis Dissector 2.6 exo+ on the back of the Levo 2020 (29er)

There is such a massive shortage or tires here and this is all I can get ....

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I cant speak of it on a Levo, but this is the OEM rear on the TranceXe

Giant paired it with a front Assegai, and I have seen no reason to change it off yet.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Anyone try or running a Maxis Dissector 2.6 exo+ on the back of the Levo 2020 (29er)

There is such a massive shortage or tires here and this is all I can get ....
I ran them on the front and back for about 5 months. Work well in loose over hard in Northern CA and corner very well. They might work in the mud but we don't get much muddy conditions. I do think the rolling resistance is greater than the DHF/DHR II combo. Most people don't care about rolling resistance.

Giustizio

Mar 16, 2021
Italy
In my opinion the worst maxxis ever bought(29 maxxgrip dh casing), destroyed the small central blocks in the rock gardens in the bike park (Stumpjumper Evo), when braking they literally come off downhill (I weigh more than 100 kg).

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
In my opinion the worst maxxis ever bought(29 maxxgrip dh casing), destroyed the small central blocks in the rock gardens in the bike park (Stumpjumper Evo), when braking they literally come off downhill (I weigh more than 100 kg).
That’s not good to hear.

Giustizio

Mar 16, 2021
Italy
an excellent (and cheap) alternative could be the Michelin DH34 bikepark version, ONLY if you frequent dry and compact trails. Excellent grip and durability, great resistance to punctures and in Italy you can buy it for about 27 euros ... or the usual DHR2, Assegai Maxxterra, Big betty

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Those would be great alternatives. Was looking at the BigBetty but it seems like a slow rolling tire ? Would match my MM on the front

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I ran them on the front and back for about 5 months. Work well in loose over hard in Northern CA and corner very well. They might work in the mud but we don't get much muddy conditions. I do think the rolling resistance is greater than the DHF/DHR II combo. Most people don't care about rolling resistance.
Our trails around Louisville generally stay wet to perfect tack all winter, so I can confirm your suspicions, the tire actually does work OK in the mud.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
UPDATE : put the 2.6 on the back and the clearance is tight. have about a 4mm gap between the top of the tire and seat stay brace ....
I think the 2.4 would be a much better option. did a 45km ride in dry dusty conditions and the tire rides really nice on the back

Andymiff

Nov 27, 2018
Derbyshire
I changed my tyre to a maxis dissector on my levo and thought I’d try an insert. After the huge battle to get it in and on the bike I find that the tyre now rubs on my mudguard (rear tyre). I took off my mudguard and tried a new RRP mudguard; even after cutting it down it still rubbed. So now I have no mudguard for the winter. Is this normal for the tyre to grow in depth with an insert?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles