How was your ride, in one picture and one line?

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Good start today , lovely weather to visit Cafe Como in Lavenham with the roadies.

My bike in the background
Cafe Come with roadies.jpg
Quiet  overgrown Suffolk Bridleway.jpg

Quiet , overgrown Suffolk byways!! with hidden ruts which caught me out phone  bike ride 053.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Slow on the climbs, fast on the descents, fun all the way. Dowies rules.

IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3102.JPG

Reactions: Dax

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
my wife knows them much better than me but we do try to avoid them at the weekends but whenever you are over this way drop us a message and if we are free we can show you around.
I dont know how you get in to dowies but if you come in by going down the fireroad from the common there a good trail off to the right called (i think) murdocks worth a ride

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
We head to Parkend from the Cycle Centre and enter Dowies from the bottom.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Had a great ride at the weekend, got a little lost and then hooked up with two locals on non e mtb's after stopping them to ask for directions, who turned out to be very handy and took me on all sorts of awesome trails i never new existed. Interesting thing was being on the e-bike made no difference to the dynamic of riding with them, sure they put in more effort on the hills but at no stage did the bikes we where riding make any difference.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
my wife knows them much better than me but we do try to avoid them at the weekends but whenever you are over this way drop us a message and if we are free we can show you around.
I dont know how you get in to dowies but if you come in by going down the fireroad from the common there a good trail off to the right called (i think) murdocks worth a ride

Murdocks is pretty good, but I chickend out on the drop to fire road when I took the ebike down it. Sams and Sams 2 are pretty good in that area too.

I like wookies, probably my favourite trail in fod, need to explore the rest of the hill.

Definitely up for a ride sometime soon!

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Sams and Sams 2 are on shutcastle, towards towards the bottom of the hill. Murdocks starts on the spoil heap up by the house at the top of dowies, but be careful that ones a black.
739B846C-ADEB-4923-8D4D-056AF4917D71.png

Wookies starts at staple edge lodge, runs down to the old mine at the bottom of the valley, it's not on trail forks, or may be labeled as rattler.
55367866-D35E-49C3-8D42-E60B2AB1D7EB.png

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
be careful the FC have put a large tree right across the bottom of wookies

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
just where there is a steep drop just before you come out on to the fireroad opposite the footpath to the lakes

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
other trails to try
big pig
little pig
Delph vader

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
if you come out of doctor johns to the road crossover into the next fireroad delph is very hard to find without being shown and the pigs may have been trashed by the FC but they are very local to me in the section of the forest nearest to pillowel

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I just spotted one of the pigs on trailwise, so I'll take a look sometime, maybe you could give me and @Doomanic a tour sometime?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
A shovel and some dirt will soon turn that into a nice drop off.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Looking at that tree, I expect the forestry will remove it soon. I generally dont bother with that descent anyway, the rocky one that starts to the left of the that is a lot more fun.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles