How many of you are running Cushcore’s in your front tire

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
I am a long time mountain bike rider and new to ebikes and cushcores. I am picking up our new Levos for myself and my wife this weekend. I went ahead and had Cushcore’s installed in the rear tire. Having watched many videos and comments on this forum I am contemplating if I should install them in the front tires as well. I ride in an area with a lot of Rock Gardens but have never pinch flatted a tire on my analog mountain bikes. I like the idea of running lower tire pressures in the tires to improve ride and gain better traction. For my wife this could help a great deal. So, what are thoughts around going for Cushcore’s in our front tires. Thanks!

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Just the rear only - 95kg rider. Ridden in lots of places in UK with sharp rocks and not had any issues with running tyres tubeless at lower pressures - 18 - 27 depending on conditions.

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Just the rear only - 95kg rider. Ridden in lots of places in UK with sharp rocks and not had any issues with running tyres tubeless at lower pressures - 18 - 27 depending on conditions.

I'm the same. Never burped a front (yet). I don't run a cushcore though, just a simple, high density foam insert in a 29" Eddy Current..

Gotama

Apr 12, 2019
GU5 9hs
I used cushcore for a while and whilst they are great with a lighter sidewall tyre they are a faff to get off and i couldn't notice any benefit over just running a DH/DoubleDown casing tyre.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles