How many gears makes you happy

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yup, it's gone. Sadly, from what I saw it was less about gears and more about testosterone ! Though I guess that makes you faster :)

Anyway, made a new one .. maybe this time we can all play nice and it won't vanish for being an embarrassment to human kind.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Why remove threads if the very often mentioned official cure that you recommend for such bad behaviour and messaging is putting people in ignore?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Surely threads can be easily tidied up by taking out offensive posts? It's only a couple of pages long...
and let's be honest, it'salways the same person that starts the mud slinging.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Yup, it's gone. Sadly, from what I saw it was less about gears and more about testosterone ! Though I guess that makes you faster :)

Anyway, made a new one .. maybe this time we can all play nice and it won't vanish for being an embarrassment to human kind.
I don't like censorship. I can accept people arguing good or bad

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
OK yeah seems like throwing baby out with the bathwater but anyway lets not go on about who killed who....

In the spirit of moving on, I have renamed this thread to the original.
Original credit to the OP but I can't remeber who that was and cannot verify as it's gone.
If we have our ignore buttons at the ready and we are all sitting comfortably, let's move on.
I can't replace all the valid commentary that was there, unfortunately.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

Testosterone... ? you know Zimm, you might be right. I'd forgotten all about that stuff.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I hope no one was banned either. We know what happens when communities go for squeaky clean upstanding members of society - pedophiles and crooks :rolleyes:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
8 speed ex1 is my way to go.
I find it for my usage far more durable then an XT casette. I mostly use the 3 smallest sprockets and find then far more durable. I replace them every 1200 km with the sprocket set for 15€ and a chain. Did that with the xt cassette to but had some play and didn't work out well( had some play on the smallest sprocket after the second replacement where the chain ).
I wouldn't see the point in using 11 or 12 speed anymore since I don't use all those sprockets anyway.

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
8 sounds about right to me - that's probably all I use.
11 - 48 too so not much less range than my 11 - 50.
Quick searches seem to say they are a few years old but designed for eMTB's.
What happened to them then?
Only say this as I have a fairly low spec HT but it has 12.
Another victim of tech for tech sake, not neccessarily required ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles