Hi, need some advise on a new battery

Fort Ord

Jan 28, 2021
Monterey CA US
So: I recently upgraded the motor and - I thought - the battery on my commuter. Motor's fine, 1500W, maintains 55KMH, but the battery- a 52V 25AH 1500W Hailong - lasts me only 15 - 18KM on a full charge. Do any of you probably-way-smarter-than-me riders have experience with this battery? Suggestions for an appropriate replacement welcome! thank you!

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
I think the point Jerry is making is, this is an Emtb forum.
you'd be better off posting on another site, like pedelecs, or the facebook e bikes built not bought page. they will be able to help you better. all we know is how to come downhill fast on an e-bike;)

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
To further jerry snd fenwick458's point, your (OP) request is akin to asking a car forum with a decided sporting/amateur-racing bent about how to better hypermile with your sporty car.

While it is possible that a few in the community might indulge in the divergent applications,1) the odds are low, 2) you will look weird for failing to read the crowd, and 3) you might get suggestions to try elsewhere. All of which has happened here.

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Oooooh. My bad. I shall withdraw my question and skulk away, tail between my legs.

Come back and tell us what you found and how you fixed it.

Hard to compare, but on my 500W motor, if I set the assistance to 20% I can theoretically get 100km range, as I have done 52km and I had 54% battery left.
With assistance at 70% I get 60km range, when I use +100% assistance it drains the battery relatively quickly.

You will probably have to do your own measurements.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles