Hello, i’m new to e-bikes. Just need some assistance

Yashy

Feb 2, 2024
Nowhere
Hello! I am very new to the e-bike community.

I am in-need of a e-bike (e ecycle), something that can go fast, something unrestricted basically. i have an old road that no one uses and on that old road there’s a lovely dirt trail. i am from the united kingdom. i am happy to look at second handed stuff. my budget is around 1100-1200. I want something reliable, fast, perfect for off-road and on road. and looks normal. i would be very happy for something under 1 grand. i’ve seen a lot on ebay! thank you so much! a (mountain bike, a normal looking cycle) not a actual bike, sorry just wanna clear any confusion on what i want.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Unless the road and trail you refer to is on private land with no public access...and you have the owners permission to ride there, any bike not conforming to the Pedelec regulations would be illegal. If indeed you want an electric mountain bike you are unlikely to find anything on this site for the sort of money you are prepared to pay, but the closest match would be a secondhand low spec hardtail. Folk on this forum invariably buy/use bikes from the main reputable mountain bike brands whereas you sound like you after an Ebay bargain. Be aware you run the risk of some pretty shoddy and even dangerous products if you dont know what you are looking at. You would be better going to a local retail outlet ( maybe Halfords or similar?) than Ebay or on this forum.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles