Hi from New Zealand

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi all. Chris here. I live in Auckland New Zealand.

Just bought a couple of Merida Eone sixties. One for me and one for my wife. She's no mountain biker so I was delighted when she fell in love with the Merida. I thought she would want to buy a shopping cart ebike with a big seat, upright handlebars and a basket on the front! I read in one of the reviews of the Merida that it's not the sort of bike your Mum would like, unless she's a real bad ass! Our adult sons love that (and I think my wife does too just a bit :) ).

We're loving our bikes and planning to hit some of the many trails here in New Zealand.

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
So cool. Mine's also interested. She doesn't care for speed and risks, it's more about the adventures and exploring places.

Wish you both an excellent time on your emtb ;) and welcome to emtbforums !

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
So cool. Mine's also interested. She doesn't care for speed and risks, it's more about the adventures and exploring places.

Wish you both an excellent time on your emtb ;) and welcome to emtbforums !
Thanks Kaelidoz. I figure it's a bit like having a Range Rover. Nice and plush on the road but with all the capability to go anywhere off road when you want. I've been surprised to see my wife tackle some off road hills already. I'm also pleasantly surprised how well the Eone sixty rides on the road. A bit of tyre noise yes - but perfectly fine for a mixture of off-road and on-road.

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Nice ride... and I mean really nice!
Thanks Dave. We only got the 800 versions - but to be honest, it's all we will ever need. The hardest thing was finding one. I think we got the last two in NZ! I would have been tempted to get the 900 if I could have got hold of one. The 2019 model in black and red looks nice ...... hmmm

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles