HELP PLEASE: Specialized Kenevo comp 2021 £3,000

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
The 2020 came with a 4yr warranty from the purchase date , long story ☺️
im in the que to speak tothese specialized ridercare people now so i shall make a nice cup of tea and sit back and let them tell me the whole thing... this kenevo is a 2020 not a 2021 as the seller first stated...i got copys of all the receipts now so should be able to find out exactly if and what is covered...the seller has jus told me it has 4yr warranty too due to it being a 2020, so gonna double check everything and if its all good i think i may jus pull the trigger...

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
If he paid for the motor, then the warranty is two years from the date of the motor purchase. If the motor was a warranty replacement then the motor warranty ends 2 years after the bike was originally purchased.

My Kenevo is a 2021 and the bike motor warranty is only 2 years, had it confirmed by Specialized RC. They also confirmed the 4-year warranty is only for 2019 & 2020 bikes.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
If he paid for the motor, then the warranty is two years from the date of the motor purchase. If the motor was a warranty replacement then the motor warranty ends 2 years after the bike was originally purchased.

My Kenevo is a 2021 and the bike motor warranty is only 2 years, had it confirmed by Specialized RC. They also confirmed the 4-year warranty is only for 2019 & 2020 bikes.
yes m8, i now have confirmation from Specialized RC about the specific bike and the receipts that its mosdef a (covaids1984) 2020 so it had a 4yr warranty from date of purchase, the motor was replaced 2yrs into the warranty and now has 10mths left, so hopefully it blows up in 9 and a half months time and i can then just get a new one under its remaining warranty =P

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
That’s good news as it’s still covered , the bike looks pretty clean and doesn’t look beaten up so £3k is a good price imo !
yes its covered till June 2024, and if it blows up before then they will also replace that one! i think its a pretty sweet deal...just need the seller to do a battery health check.

does it need to be 100% battery health?

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Blevo app shows the actual currently available wattage, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it, just ask the seller how many charge cycles and his charging habits.
can you think of anything else i should maybe ask the seller before i pull the trigger on the bike, please mate???

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If he brought the 700 battery new and he don’t ride much it should be sweet , me 500 had only lost 4% in 3 years ! When I brought the spare I took it to the spesh dealer for a test and asked to put the stronger one one 👍

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
can you think of anything else i should maybe ask the seller before i pull the trigger on the bike, please mate???
All the expensive bits are still under warranty (if you have the receipts) so seems like a great deal. I read back up the comments, this bike will be about 23.5-24kgs stock with the bigger battery, so it’s more about if this is the bike for you. Kenevo SL’s are on sale now as a new motor version will be out soon and the used prices will fall as a result. You will definitely be able to get your money back if you find it’s not for you and you sell it on. However, It will take longer to sell than a Levo as the Kenevo isn’t well understood and so the demand for the perceived more flexible Levo is greater.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
If he brought the 700 battery new and he don’t ride much it should be sweet , me 500 had only lost 4% in 3 years ! When I brought the spare I took it to the spesh dealer for a test and asked to put the stronger one one 👍
yes mate. i know they can be charged incorrectly and that can damage the health like too much charging or leaving it empty or full for too long but i dunno, i suppose buying second hand we have to take a few chances, hes had 3 or 4 other eebs so i think he knows what hes doing and he seems pretty genuine if a little forgetful...im gonna take it as i dunno if i will get another one as good as this come along soon, ive missed a few already and they where not totally what i wanted, ie frame size and 700 battery , so i think for me to drop this one i might be kicking myself for a while...

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
All the expensive bits are still under warranty (if you have the receipts) so seems like a great deal. I read back up the comments, this bike will be about 23.5-24kgs stock with the bigger battery, so it’s more about if this is the bike for you. Kenevo SL’s are on sale now as a new motor version will be out soon and the used prices will fall as a result. You will definitely be able to get your money back if you find it’s not for you and you sell it on. However, It will take longer to sell than a Levo as the Kenevo isn’t well understood and so the demand for the perceived more flexible Levo is greater.
wize words mate, im still not sure as the kenevo SL is more what im after regarding weight, the 25kg tank does seem like something im not sure im gonna like without trying...i could like you suggest wait till the new motor versions appear and maybe grab a bargain then? first world problems i know, but this is what has been doing my nut in for the last few days =/=/=/

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
this dilemma has for me been going on for a fair few months now too, since i first started paying attention to how far ebikes had come and started researching all the brands etc, they are kind of amazing now and have come a long way since those nasty batterys under the top tube that looked the size and weight of an engineering block... if money was no object id maybe even have a top draw trek exe or a full spec levo sl, i think it can be very easy to rush into these things and get it wrong as seems the case with so many having looked at all the nearly new levos and kenevos on facebook or ebay...i still dont know...what a mind fuck this conundrum of a situtaion can be=/

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I wouldn’t be put off with the kenevo, all my mates have different bikes and it wins as an all rounder. Still be worth 2.5/3k in a year !

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
I wouldn’t be put off with the kenevo, all my mates have different bikes and it wins as an all rounder. Still be worth 2.5/3k in a year !
its a fucking tuff call, Lazy....as Levo Laland has said, the 25kg weight is a real turn off coming from bmx's that weigh a fraction of that, then i think either way it will be so much more fun going up those hills and bombin back down, that will be mad fun and maybe like trying to hold on to an out of control heffa, either a Levo or Kenevo SL would be great but 7k minimum is purely mental money and i aint paying that for a 24carat gold one atm, id also like to not be worried about the battery running out all the time and not be dying of thirst for the sake of an over priced range extender...in a few years im sure they will have gotten round all these problems when they invent a bike that can run on fresh air but i dunno im just a moaner until im on my bike then i actually shut the fuck up and enjoy the buzz of being outside with the wind in my hair tuned in freaked out ripping the hell out of it and flirting with death and stickin two fingers up to anything crazy enuff to get in my way XD

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
its a fucking tuff call, Lazy....as Levo Laland has said, the 25kg weight is a real turn off coming from bmx's that weigh a fraction of that, then i think either way it will be so much more fun going up those hills and bombin back down, that will be mad fun and maybe like trying to hold on to an out of control heffa, either a Levo or Kenevo SL would be great but 7k minimum is purely mental money and i aint paying that for a 24carat gold one atm, id also like to not be worried about the battery running out all the time and not be dying of thirst for the sake of an over priced range extender...in a few years im sure they will have gotten round all these problems when they invent a bike that can run on fresh air but i dunno im just a moaner until im on my bike then i actually shut the fuck up and enjoy the buzz of being outside with the wind in my hair tuned in freaked out ripping the hell out of it and flirting with death and stickin two fingers up to anything crazy enuff to get in my way XD
I had a Carbon Levo at sub 21kg and my Kenevo is only 22.5kg (500w battery) you get used to the weight, it’s just different, but e-bikes are so much fun, we do twice the ride length and elevation we used to on normal bikes in the same amount of time. £3k will only buy a decent, not great normal bike! If we go back to the original question, is £3k a good deal for a 2021 Kenevo then yes it is. Also, everyone I’ve known to buy a SL-type e-bike has sold them on to buy full power, generally to be able to keep up with their mates.

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
I had a Carbon Levo at sub 21kg and my Kenevo is only 22.5kg (500w battery) you get used to the weight, it’s just different, but e-bikes are so much fun, we do twice the ride length and elevation we used to on normal bikes in the same amount of time. £3k will only buy a decent, not great normal bike! If we go back to the original question, is £3k a good deal for a 2021 Kenevo then yes it is. Also, everyone I’ve known to buy a SL-type e-bike has sold them on to buy full power, generally to be able to keep up with their mates.
When i was 15 i used to have one of these, its a 1978 Husqvarna 390, bored out to a 412cc, it had 6 gears and wheelied in all of them...a fucking beast it was, it broke both the arms of the previous owner the day he got it when it threw him off the back, it sat in his garden till i adopted it for £25, it had no kick start as that broke off in the accident so three of us had to bump it....but, when eventually we got the fucker going nothing could catch us! the old bill had no chance!! pure fire...flew across the fields like a demented tractor, that back tire destroyed a few golf greens lol...things sure have changed but im still after that thrill of near death experiences at high speed and flying down those DH flowy jump tracks is pretty close and with the weight of a kenevo at 25kg it might be the closest ive been since childhood...we shall see, i will report back soon if i pull the trigger on this kenevo, hopefully not from a hospital bed =P bikepics-1847986-full.jpg

Dazzling1984

Jul 29, 2023
UK
Here’s my old 2010 450f , best bike I’ve owned 🤙

View attachment 122113
now thats what im talking about!!! what a beauty! i bet that fucker goes like shit off a shovel...ive been looking at the crf's lately, really lovely bikes <3 if only i could fix them id probably have got a 250r instead of this ebike bizznizz...less expensive too!!! =/

Last edited:

Book'emDanno!

May 2, 2020
Italy
The kenevo is light compared to most ff bikes ! After a few rides you’ll forget the weight garranteed
I own a Focus Sam² 2021 it weighs 26.8 kg!!! And that's with a carbon fatbar 40 mm rise and a huckNorris in the back! Now that's heavy!
Last year I rented a kenevo Expert and found it surprisingly poppy on the jumps.
Now don't get me wrong the sam² is a killer downhill but you do have to muscle it around the tight stuff. The kenevo has a bigger battery, more Nm, longer travel (1cm)🤣 but dual crown fork.. and is lighter.
Sooooo.. go for the kenevo!

IMG20230429175644.jpg IMG20230429175707.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles