Help - newbie trying to set up!!

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
Hi all, received the 6.8 Nine today from cyber land and as I'm a virgin at this, spent a long time setting everything up.
Would anyone who has the bosh J2 send me a couple of pictures of how you've set up the saddle switch and the Bosch remote and break - spent hours trying to get it comfortable but every time I do, I can't tighten the screws as the other is in the way??!! Any help would be fab.
Plus anything I will have forgotten to do or anyone has any "If you do this you'll find it...." threads will again be fab.
THANK YOU

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
ok so I presume you are talking about the dropper remote by saddle switch?

First thing is that the dropper lever and the brake you will use way more than the Bosch remote, so you should get those in the right position first and then work the remote around that.

Is it the same set up as in this pic? or do you have the switch with the display built in

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 22.33.51.png

Flog

Subscriber
Apr 19, 2020
Dorset / Somerset Border
Yes - dropper switch, sorry.
My set up same as the picture. It looks like I have put the remote too close to the left. From the left I have remote > brake > dropper, although brake and dropper feel pretty comfortable - it's just cramped.
Which order is best and which goes on first?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its all personal preference! Rememberer you should be braking with one finger, so you dont need the brake levers over the whole grip. Dropper lever placement varies as different levers are different lengths. Personally I run the dropper lever so that the tip lines up with the edge of the grip, but play around with them till you are comfy.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I agree, its all about ease of use. One every single bike I have bought in the last ten years I have started by removing the grips and levers to reorder them before getting the angles correct.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles