Front rebound set up

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
So I've read as many threads as I can but yet to find a way of setting up the front rebound.

The latest one I have tried is to compress the front fork at least a third and release quickly. If the tyre 'hops' off the ground the rebound is too high and drop by one click to settle.

I can't manage to get the tyre to hop, I don't know if this is because of the plus tyre or it's different for emtb's, so I need a better method to sort this out.

Thanks
Martin

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
Ride it, see what works for you?

Another old setup test for forks used to be to lift the front end and drop it back down. If it didn’t bounce back up it was good.

What fork is it?

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
Ride it, see what works for you?

Another old setup test for forks used to be to lift the front end and drop it back down. If it didn’t bounce back up it was good.

What fork is it?
Thanks for the reply

Its a Fox Rhythm 34. Sag set fine, happy with the limit of the travel, so no changes to volume spacers required.

Rode it yesterday on the same route I use. There is a big downhill, a bit rough but not big drops, felt a lot choppier than before I changed it so I think I will dial some rebound out, but I will try your tip and try again.

Thanks again
M

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles